• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • help me understand something….. Referendum results…
  • alpin
    Free Member

looking on the BBC page it says there are more votes for Leave than Remain, but so far only one constituency out of five has voted for Leave….

am I going to have to take up German citizenship or marry the GF?

ourmaninthenorth

This isn’t decided by constituency. Literally every vote counts.

I’d consider proposing tonight. You can always “unconcede” tomorrow if Remain prevails.

bencooper
    Free Member

Constituencies don’t matter, only the total numbers of voters matter.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

first to 50% wins

alpin
    Free Member

so we’re on our way out then?

tbh, i’m currently more worried about my assets in the UK. want to buy a house and am shitting myself that my cash is going to nose dive…

Don’t worry, it will just be a snippet of info released to appease the conspiracy theorists. Remain will miraculously streak from behind 😉

PrinceJohn

Don’t worry, it will just be a snippet of info released to appease the conspiracy theorists. Remain will miraculously streak from behind

They’re leaving it pretty late

Sandwich

Where’s the wedding going to be?

votchy
    Free Member

Well done England, stupid is as stupid does

Used to be proud to be British, now ashamed to be English 👿

Onzadog
    Free Member

So what other countries are we all planning to go to? I’ve not got any foreign language skills but thinking Canada.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ashamed to be english??? Wales voted out 😥 so the roads, hospitals and schools that have been funded by EU money weren’t enough for my valley brothers and sisters, stupid vally idiots, if they can’t smoke it or eat it then it doesn’t benefit them.

Beyond belief, just beyond belief

funkrodent

Used to be proud to be British, now ashamed to be English

You’d better get used to it. The Scots voted to remain. They’ve now got a choice (or shortly will have) between being part of the UK, or being part of Europe. So we can say goodbye to them. In Northern Ireland the catholics will want to retain close relationships with Ireland itself, expect an escalation of trouble there when the protestant majority say no. The UK has had it, even the Welsh would be better off as part of Europe than in an alliance with us English. To say that we’ll be isolated is putting it mildly. Still, we always have the “special relationship” to fall back on..

vickypea
    Free Member

Bloody awful news 🙁

grahamt1980

Thinking Canada too, or nz (have got friends there who have said they will sponsor us to move)

Edukator
    Free Member

Ich wunsche Euch ein wunderfolles Leben zu zweit. Und auch fiel gluck mit den Deutschen Behorden bei deine Einburgerung.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m despondent, and think few of the leave voters did so from a well informed position.

On the the plus side I look forward to voting to leave the UK when we have Indyref up here in Scotland. Bit worried for Northern Ireland also, the place of my birth. Sinn Fein have already called for a referendum there to leave the UK, and I agree with this sentiment because Brexit is so wrong headed.

DezB
    Free Member

As far as I can see “leave” hasn’t got a majority… 17,410,742 – leave; 16,141,241 – stay, but 28% of potential voters (13million?) didn’t vote. But thats how a referendum works eh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

until we make everyone vote that is how it works

they won the vote by over a million people so we are leaving

DezB
    Free Member

#statetheobvious eh Junky.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘help me understand something….. Referendum results…’ is closed to new replies.