Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Help me to help my daughter by voting for her photo in a comp
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

So the contest was shamelessly rigged. Do you do her homework too? 🙄

tails
    Free Member

Happy Christmas MrSmith :mrgreen:

user-removed
    Free Member

Lol at tails 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

Happy Christmas MrSmith

aw thanks 😛

CountZero

So the contest was shamelessly rigged. Do you do her homework too?

So you naively assume that the OP was the only person asking acquaintances to vote and help improve his daughters chances then?

Merry Christmas MrSmith 🙄

CountZero

Oh, and congratulations to your daughter. Good photo, and an excellent prize, she’s going to have a great time. 😀

user-removed
    Free Member

I must just add that I hate photography competitions which are ill-disguised popularity contests, but in this case, it genuinely was deserving of a vote. Certainly more so than that awful poem we all voted for a while ago, on the promise of seeing a forumite’s other half in the nuddy 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

So you naively assume that the OP was the only person asking acquaintances to vote and help improve his daughters chances then?

I have no way of knowing if the other entrants parents solicited votes from people they don’t know on an Internet forum with several thousand individual visits per week. So no I didn’t naively assume anything.

I was merely commenting that that the contest was rigged by a pushy parent which is beyond doubt and not an assumption.

pb2

Mr Smith thats truly funny because its the very first time in 28 years of being a parent I have ever been described as pushy — if only you knew how wrong you were. All three of my daughters do their own thing in their own unique way and my role is simply to encourage and help them with the good stuff and pick them up then when they fall or events take a turn for the worse.

I won’t pass comment on you because I don’t know you but don’t forget the purpose of my post last night was to convey my thanks and pass on my appreciation to everyone who voted or gave their advice.

I hope you enjoy your Christmas, lifes to short to be grumpy 😀

AlexSimon

Whatever – it’s still a truly beautiful photo:

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do not feed the grumpy troll – nicely picked subject of criticising someone as a parent though [ bet yours are proud of you now eh]- but it seems to have not got the reaction you expected as we point and laugh at you ….bless

Well done OP .

El-bent
    Free Member

Mr smith is a professional photographer. Perhaps he doesn’t like someone who can take better photo’s than him. 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m not being grumpy, merely commenting on how rigging a competion is socially acceptable. If I’m honest it’s actually the bigger theme of praising and never criticising that seems to prevail in modern parenting/education that I’m curious about, i.e I have helped you win by getting people to vote for you instead of you getting there by your own merits.
    the very fact that any questioning of current attitudes is perceived as ‘grumpy’ is also something else that I find really odd, it’s as if being a ‘yes man’ and going with the current passive unquestioning norm is ‘happy’ and actually standing up and having a different opinion is ‘grumpy’.

That’s exactly the attitude those in power want you to have.
    I’m going to toddle of and crack open a winter ale, make a hat out of tinfoil and finish reading Orwell’s 1984 🙄

pb2

Click on Mr Smith’s user name and it reveals he is indeed a photographer – theres a great photo of a crushed plastic bottle on his website (see no hard feelings from me Gary)

What I found most curious was the linkage between his user name, reading material and the comment about “those in power” I think Gary’s real identity is Citizen Smith and the forum posts are a way of softening us all up to the concept of Freedom for Tooting.

Happy Christmas Wolfy :mrgreen:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Next you’ll be telling us that the winner of I’m A Celebrity is actually a survival expert and not just the most popular celebrity.

MrSmith
    Free Member

What I found most curious was the linkage between his user name, reading material and the comment about “those in power” I think Gary’s real identity is Citizen Smith and the forum posts are a way of softening us all up to the concept of Freedom for Tooting.

Happy Christmas Wolfy

Rumbled, Happy Christmas comrade. :mrgreen:

scuzz
    Free Member

I have no way of knowing if the other entrants parents solicited votes from people they don’t know on an Internet forum with several thousand individual visits per week.

It won with 595 Votes.

pitduck
    Free Member

mr smith +1
    😐

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Help me to help my daughter by voting for her photo in a comp’ is closed to new replies.