Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me spend Cyclescheme £££s
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Basically, I'm looking to spend ~£700 rather than the full grand and I want a bike that can cope with crap roads, cycle paths, and some offroad but is primarily designed for the road.

Is there anything apart from a Tricross* that I should be looking at?

(*And presuming the answer is generally "no", what size should i be asking my lbs to get: 6', 32" leg, generally fit 18" hardtails. I'm presuming 56cm but I keep hearing webwhispers that a size down might be a good idea)

flatback
    Free Member

have a look on line at the cyclo cross bikes on pedalon site the giant for 750 looks good
    i am 6 foot and ride 56 but it all depends on arm length not just leg length

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I'll have a llok, ta. Now you mention it I do seem to remember sizing being a little complex last time i got a cx bike (Airborne Carpe Diem – great bike).

geoffj

(*And presuming the answer is generally "no", what size should i be asking my lbs to get: 6', 32" leg, generally fit 18" hardtails. I'm presuming 56cm but I keep hearing webwhispers that a size down might be a good idea)

I'd go for the 56. What about a Kona Jake or Dew Drop?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

What about a Kona Jake or Dew Drop?

Yeah, I had considered the Jake but am tending towards the Tricross because (a) my LBS is a Specialized dealer, not Kona and (b) they said they might do me a discount. I'd not considered the Dew Drop because I saw the word 'hybrid' and dismissed it. Yeah, I'm a bike bigot. Having said that… if I ignore the 'h' word it *does* look pretty nifty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me spend Cyclescheme £££s’ is closed to new replies.