Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help me settle a Census argument!
  • the-muffin-man

Now its very petty and means little in reality – but hey, I’m a bloke and I want to be right!!

In the religion bit I want to put that I’m not religious as I have no belief in God.

My wife says that because I was christened as a baby then ‘officially’ I am C of E no matter what I may think as an adult.

So is baptism a legal document that you can’t get out of? Do you have to officially renounce your religion? . . .or is it a just a meaningless document issued by the Church?

Now if I’m right of course I’ll show this thread to my wife!

But If I’m wrong I’ll not mention it and still insist I’m correct anyway!

😀

iDave
    Free Member

she’s wrong, and C of E isn’t a religion anyway

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m sure you’re wife has other redeeming features, can’t all be above averagely bright. 😉

uplink
    Free Member

So what you’re [she’s] saying is that you can never change religion either?

Northwind

Church of England (and other inducted religions like it) have often claimed membership numbers based on inductions rather than current membership so they’ll probably consider you still one of theirs- they use a few interesting tricks to exaggerate membership so as to try to justify the clout they have in society.

But no, you are what you want to be.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Muslims consider us all to be Muslims and when you change to them you revert not convert so tell her you are putting you both down as Muslim as they also claim your soul 😉
    The question is what is your religion I reckon that means you choose not what happened to you at birth when you excercised no choice.

emma82
    Free Member

Just be a Jedi like everyone else 😀
    I don’t think they can lay official claim to you just because you were baptised? I would just tick what you are now.

spooky_b329

I was christened but I will be crossing the Atheist box 🙂

Northwind

emma82 – Member

Just be a Jedi like everyone else. I don’t think they can lay official claim to you just because you were baptised?

CoE got caught out using the total religiousness figure from the last census as proof of how important religion is in the UK. Yep, including the 404,000 Jedi.

seosamh77
    Free Member

apparently i’m 1 of a billion catholics too if you listen to the church…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help me settle a Census argument!’ is closed to new replies.