Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP ME PLEASE! Bluetooth problem
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Afternoon all.

I’ve just paired my laptop with my Yamaha amp but the music is still coming through the laptop’s
    speaker. Any ideas why it’s not coming through my bookshelf speakers.

It’s driving me bleedin’ mad!

Lenovo laptop running Windows 7.

TiA

zilog6128

probably need to flick the output from “internal speakers” to “bluetooth”. No idea how to do that on Windoze. Probably Control Panel somewhere (if they still have that).

EDIT: this’ll probably help https://www.howtogeek.com/301290/how-to-switch-windows-sound-outputs-with-a-hotkey/

Cougar

What’s playing the music? Apps can override the system default so it might be a setting in the app itself. Have a look there.

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s Spotify but there’s no preferences in the App for an output device.

The amp is connected via BT but isn’t appearing in the Playback panel in control panel. So I can’t select it to be the default device or enable it in any way.

toby1

Yeah, paired doesn’t mean it’s passing the data for the music – should be a ‘output’ type option either in the app playing or in the system settings to select it as the producer of noise.

A fine example this week with a Jabra external speaker/mic and a Mac. Plugged it in and zoom, defaults to use it as both speaker and mic, google meet, defaults to use it as a speaker and the internal mic, slack just uses the laptop until told to do otherwise, sigh….

Also, isn’t windows 7 no longer supported? It’s 10 or die now, you might be missing some drivers/a version of Spotify that can actually do the work?

prettygreenparrot

Also, isn’t windows 7 no longer supported? It’s 10 or die now, you might be missing some drivers/a version of Spotify that can actually do the work

And that the obsolete OS has an increasing potential for attack.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/01/14/windows_7_uk_cybercops/

security aside, there should be a sound control panel that lets you swap audio outputs. Win 10 makes that surprisingly easy to do from the speaker icon in the tool tray.

hols2
    Free Member

Don’t remember about Win7, but in Win10 you click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. That will pop out and show you which speaker is being used. There should be an arrow that you click to pop up all the available options. You can then switch to whichever speaker you prefer.

Upgrading to Win10 would be sensible. Win7 was great in its day, but time has moved on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP ME PLEASE! Bluetooth problem’ is closed to new replies.