• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Wally.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help me open a door.
  • zippykona

Lost the back door key to my shop. How do I get it open? Destroying the lock is ok but not the door! Any ideas?

duncancallum

Call a locksmith….

kevs
    Free Member

Where was the last place you had the key?

kahl
    Free Member

It’s a back door, obviously you’ve got to smash it in.

cvilla

Traditional locksmith or a joiner, then reinforce any damage after. good luck.

nickjb
    Free Member

Door doesn’t look in great shape. I’d try a hacksaw blade between the door and the frame or knocking the pins out of the hinges (looks like it opens towards you so you should be able to see the hinges), or even grind off the hinges, they’ll be easy to replace.

sockpuppet

Pins out of the hinges then remove & replace the lock (and probably hinges) is favourite for me

Edit – I have done this successfully

Is that faerie’s house?

sirromj

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Did it budge?

Cougar

Hinge pins as others have said, but it shouldn’t be hard to pick a mortice lock that looks to be older than my mother. Is that thing even levered rather than just warded? Might be able to open it with a screwdriver.

To be brutally honest though it looks like you’d be doing it a favour by stoving in the door.

chickenman

A hardpoint saw will cut through brass and any hardened pins in the bolt, will trash the was of course though.

Kryton57

Wait, what evidence do we have that it’s yours?   Everyone here could be an accessory to a crime…

kayak23

Door looks knackered to be fair. You could park your bike in that gap.

Smash it to bits and fit a new one and leave a spare key under a flowerpot or fake pebble with a cupboard in it.

project
    Free Member

Door opens inwards, so easiest way is to drill a series of holes down the frame over the bolt, find the bolt by shining a torch between door and frame, then gently prise the door open, then just spice a new piece of wood into frame a few inches higher and lower than the damage and fit a new reciever for bolt and some big tower bolts top and bottom.

MoreCashThanDash

Is that faerie’s house?

I chuckled 👏👏

Wally

My pre-ride cuppa 2p musings are.
    1) Top lock has key snapped in – unscrew guard plate and grip the bit of the key that protrudes with a Mole-wrench, turn clockwise.
    2) The door latch plate on the frame indicates this door opens towards the person taking the photo. Giving the door a shove will not work.
    3) The bottom lock appears to have zero use. Filler knife down door gap would/could reveal no actual lock and confirm top lock used. A hook behind lock would/should flex door showing no lock.

Good luck.
    One of my favourite threads was the Safe opening thread.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help me open a door.’ is closed to new replies.