Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Help me keep my shorts up….
  • Shackleton

I bought some shorts in haste at a trail centre last year as I’d forgotten mine. Madison zenith softshell I think. Functionally they work well, fit wise the leg is the right length but they fall down all the time and seem to be quite low rise.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I could sew on belt loops but I can’t see that ending well with my skills. Has anyone used braces with mtb shorts? How do they play with packs or bum bags? Can you recommend a set? </span>

I’ve tried eating more pies during lock down but it seems to go on in the wrong place …….

Poopscoop

Bookmarking as I put a similar thread up years ago and it got….. Entertaining.😁

Shackleton

Oh good. If nothing else comes of it I could do with a smile.

Poopscoop

Oh, your pic not working matey?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Super glue around the midrift or some British Bulldog braces.

Shackleton

Eh? Wasn’t being sarcastic, just missing punctuation! Sorry.

Shackleton

There seem to be lots of Wolf of Wall Street options on Google but none that seem……. appropriate.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Gaffer tape around your undercarridge so they sit a bit higher.

Poopscoop

No, didn’t take it as sarcasm! Sorry, thought the tags were an attempt at pic embedding as I skim read it.lol 😃

patagonian
    Free Member

I’ll admit to wearing braces to keep up my shorts. Not an issue for me – no real difference to the straps on my bib shorts.
    They were the wide “builders” type. Certainly worth a go, no point in binning perfectly good shorts.

FB-ATB

Beer and pies?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member
    damascus
    Free Member

Sell them and buy some that fit

mjsmke

Belt loops could work. Or see on about 20cm of elastic on the inside at the back. I did that on one pair of shorts and worked well. If they already have elastic you could just pinch an area and sew that together to tighten them up. I have to do this to most my shorts. The last pair I took in about 3cm right next to the zip and it doesn’t show. Took about 15 mins.

chvck
    Free Member

I use braces with my winter trousers to keep them fully up so I don’t get a wet arse. I went for these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oakley-Factory-Suspenders-Belt/dp/B01DNKND3Y and they do the job.

fasthaggis

Embrace the braces, ski pants ones work (wide):-)

johnhe

“Sell them and buy ones that fit” is my vote too.

kiwijohn

Yep, braces. I got mil spec ones (green).
    My hip pack was pushing my shorts down & this was the best fix.

Tracey

If they are the same as the Madisons my other half has with the adjustable velcro bands on the inside you can fold the material on the adjuster between the velcro and the elastic back on its self and sew it in place with a few stiches.
    Effectively shortening it by an inch each side so when on the velcro it pulls it tighter by up to 2 inches making the waist on a large the same as the medium.

hols2
    Free Member

Just embrace it.

kayak23

Get one of them face masks everyone is wearing on their chins, put the face part under….You know, under, then stretch the loops one over each ear.

Good athletic support too 👍

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Help me keep my shorts up….’ is closed to new replies.