Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help me identify the owner of a CCTV camera in Bristol
  • thebunk

This seems like something you lot would be good at. I’d like to request some CCTV footage of me (getting punched), but I don’t know who owns lamp post cameras.

It’s this one (yes, the graffiti is very enjoyable):
    Lamp post with CCTV camera

Close up:
    Close up of cctv camera

Lamp post identifying number (it just says “4” on it):
    Lamp post

Possibly related box:
    Lamp post box

Map from council that looks like it gives some useful info:
    Map with CCTV location & details

I don’t think it is a council one, as they are marked on the map differently.

Cheers for any help!

maccruiskeen

of me (getting punched)

is there any reason not to just report the incident to the police and let them work out who the owner of the camera is?

Caher

Happy Slappy Inc.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Looks like it is a traffic monitoring camera. Council or Highways England I Would have thought. Sorry to hear you got punched.

Philby

I seem to recall reading recently that there had been an attack on someone on a bike or scooter on St Lukes Road so again I would suggest Police. The Council will know who owns the CCTV cameras as I assume they would need Council permission to mount them.

thebunk

Thanks all.

is there any reason not to just report the incident to the police and let them work out who the owner of the camera is?

Have reported it, police aren’t going to talk to me for another couple of weeks, by which time the CCTV might have been wiped (so I’ve read), so I’m just seeing if I can get it myself.

Also I want to see myself being punched.

martinhutch
    thebunk

POIDH, etc

Indeed! (Cheers)

wallop

So sorry to hear this has happened. I used to live just off St Lukes Road and never ever felt as though something like that could happen. WTF is wrong with people these days?

jimilindley
    Free Member

Might be local council highways department- rather than crime prevention cctv, so ask highways dept of the city council also

wordnumb
    Free Member

The council will know whose camera it is if not theirs.

thebunk

So sorry to hear this has happened. I used to live just off St Lukes Road and never ever felt as though something like that could happen. WTF is wrong with people these days?

I don’t think it was a local – Totterdown is ace! Idiot driver with road rage against a cyclist 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

Have reported it, police aren’t going to talk to me for another couple of weeks,

Is this normal?
    You report an assault and get told nobody will deal with the complaint for 2 weeks, that sounds wrong somehow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help me identify the owner of a CCTV camera in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.