Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me get less lever throw on my M775 brakes
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Right then. I bought these off the back of riding my mate’s 456 with them on and was mightily impressed.

Mine are good now they’re bedded in…once you get to the bite point they stop me like nobody’s business, even with 160mm rotors.

However, for the life of me I can’t get the bite point as I want it. I’ve tried all the adjusters ie. screwing out the adjuster screw, messing with the reach adjustment etc, i’ve bled them three or four times which has improved them slightly but not a lot.

They have a lot of lever throw, to the point of that they nearly trap my fingers on the bar by the time they bite.

Any advice as to what I can do to reduce the lever throw so they pick up earlier on in the stroke?

Cheers

jedi

take wheel out and pull lever then put wheel back in

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stick a laccy band round the levers/bars and leave somewhere warm overnight…..bosh.

druidh
    Free Member

Take wheels off.
    Pump the pads out a little (NOT TOO MUCH).
    Remove reservoir cap.
    Top up reservoir.
    Replace cap.
    Push pads back in and replace wheel.

I had a similar problem with (970)XTRs and this worked for me.

mboy
    Free Member

Screw the free stroke adjuster (the Phillips headed screw) all the way in, then adjust the lever reach adjuster (the thumb wheel) out a bit so it suits you.

M775 XT’s have a fair amount of lever throw anyway, compared to many brakes, possibly due to the lever blade being so long. They do work well though.

Oh, and move the levers further inboard, so your finger sits on the end of the lever when you’re braking, thus eliminating the chance of trapping your other fingers when in use.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oddly I have the opposite problem, not enough lever throw! Still bloody great brakes.

rondo101
    Free Member

Centralise the caliper & ensure you haven’t got a dominant piston. There’s a video by the hope guys on how to do this:

I had the same problem with the bite point on my m775s and this sorted it out.

robarnold
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice folks, a combination of Druidh and Rondo’s solutions have sorted them right out

Happy riding

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me get less lever throw on my M775 brakes’ is closed to new replies.