Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Help me find some jeans that fit!
  • BoardinBob

Duffer of St George do cyclist leg/ waist friendly jeans. Pretty reasonable at around £45-£50 a pair in Debenhams.

nicko74

It sounds like you have huge thighs – I mean, I’m a cyclist in proportions (32-33″ waist, 6′, biggish thighs), but I can fit into something like a 501 and gradually wear it into shape.

Levi’s 503 are quite loose, but as you say a bit shapeless; there’s also a version of Levi 504s that has lycra in it, so is a bit stretchy.

But I’m going to check out those other brands suggested now…

MrSmith
    Free Member

The answer to the question is Edwin

http://www.edwin-europe.com/mens_denim.php

Edwin Nashville are jeans for grown up men. Dark indigo, no stupid attachments, regular highish waist so your backside doesnt hang out the back. Regular straight fit, skinny jeans are a disaster.

yes. ED55 greenville/nashville. the website has diagrams with rise/waist/thigh etc measurements so you have an idea of the roomier cuts.

i’m skinny as a rake but being a cyclist have problems getting a good jean fit, edwin do a 29in waist whereas 28’s are only good for castration but 30’s too baggy on me. currently wearing some year old Nashville’s that are only just showing signs of fading.
    expensive, but top quality 15oz japanese selvedge and worth every penny.
    the non-washing wear patterns of denim geeks are optional but they will last a lot longer if you don’t over wash them.

singletrackmind

I bought a new pair at the weekend in Next . 34″ loose fit with boot cut legs , so baggy all the way down .
    Nice and comfy and able to tie my shoe laces without the fear of being arrested for indecent exposure.

timc
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    yes. ED55 greenville/nashville. the website has diagrams with rise/waist/thigh etc measurements so you have an idea of the roomier cuts.

i’m skinny as a rake but being a cyclist have problems getting a good jean fit, edwin do a 29in waist whereas 28’s are only good for castration but 30’s too baggy on me. currently wearing some year old Nashville’s that are only just showing signs of fading.
    expensive, but top quality 15oz japanese selvedge and worth every penny.
    the non-washing wear patterns of denim geeks are optional but they will last a lot longer if you don’t over wash them.

Yep, like i said before (again) ED55 are a lose fit tapered Jean, personally prefer teh Nudies, but my Edwins are for smarter occasions

CountZero

Uniqlo’s regular fit jeans, especially the Japan Denim ones are an excellent fit, but, waist sizes are smaller then you expect; I take a 32″ x 34″ usually, but after trying some in one of their London shops and being unable to get them over my ass, I ordered a pair online in a 34″x34, and they were perfect in waist and length.

bi6al
    Free Member

try tommy hilfiger or levis 751 just bought 2 pairs of the levis as i also find it hard to get jeans that fit over the thighs without showing your pocket change.

mcboo
    Free Member

Sounds like lots of other folk struggling to get 34/34 trousers over their legs.

When it warms up a bit and you need to get yourself some smart summer chinos go to Gant. Tailored and straight legged and not horrible baggy arsed rubbish you see everywhere.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Replay or Edwin get my vote. But it depends on the cut. Some of their models are skinny. Others more relaxed.

Edwin don’t come in as long a leg as Replay.

Alternatively G-Star are a bit cheaper.

Find a shop with a big range of either and try a few pairs on.

petefromearth

Buy cheap buy twice. If there is one item of clothing that its worth spending a bit more on, its jeans!

Cheap jeans start to look crap after a couple of months, and that just means having to go shopping more frequently!

The best jeans I’ve had are diesel, and I am not particularly keen on their other stuff, nor am I a labels nob. They are just great quality, fit really well and after 18 months of almost daily use they are only just starting to look tired. Well worth the £100!

The pair before that were Paul smith which were also fantastic.

t-obias
    Free Member

Another vote for Levi’s here. 751 for a straight fit. personally find 501’s a perfect fit. I’m a bigger bloke too, but never have a problem with them.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

LVC (Levis Vintage) is your answer, about £175 a pair, well worth it

1954z for a taper fit
    1947 for straight fit

Welcome to The Denim Doctor

for alterations

michaelbowden

Well Gap fixed it, their ‘Standard fit’ were just the job, though they are their loosest.

Tried some GStar, some fitted but I didn’t like the styling

Another vote for Levi’s here. 751 for a straight fit. personally find 501’s a perfect fit. I’m a bigger bloke too, but never have a problem with them

The 751’s were skin tight!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Edwins ED-47

thegreatape
    Free Member

Same problem here. Usually Gap, the Alpkit ones fit ok, and recently FatFace.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

If you found the 501 a little tight (and they have got somewhat slimmer fitting over the past 18 months or so), you might find the 506 more to your liking.

jruk
    Free Member

Sooo glad it’s just me with silly sized thighs (caused in part by having a 51t chainring on my bike when I was younger…ggrrrrrr). Carhartt have always done me well – they fit and are well made. Everything else stops at the knees…

chiefgrooveguru

Amongst literally millions of brainless posts, littered far and wide across the Internet, many thousand contributed by the below author, this has to represent either a zenith of idiocy, a nadir of fashion sense or the yin to Jedward’s yang:

how old are you? anything over 28 forget it

Coyote
    Free Member

^ 😆 ^

Alejandro
    Free Member

Tell me about it. Was recently shopping for jeans at Zara and found a pair I really liked with a nice cut (tapering towards the bottom) but had to settle for the 34 and will be wearing it with a belt, despite the fact that I’m a 32, because I couldn’t get my calves through the 32’s! Do the high-street stores not realise we don’t all want to look like teen emo kids?

Woohoo – bought my first pair of 32″ waist jeans in about 15 years today (and they are loose around the waist at that).

A nice pair of Firetrap jeans (RRP £70) for £29 from TK Maxx – they are a slim fit and tapered though – almost ‘skinny’, but they look good. First time in my life I’ve been able to wear anything resembling skinnys too!

The last pair I bought before that were G-Star (£110) but they do fit very nicely.

brakes
    Free Member

I think G-Star are designed for gentlemen of African descent and their generous posteriors (BMBs) so work for cyclists.
    their current tapered cut jeans are almost perfect for me – 34/32 with, as a tailor once told me, a ‘generous’ seat…

I don’t have a fat arse.

And I’ve now gone back into negatives on the waist v leg – 32/34 (was 34/34 and have even bought 36/34).

takisawa2

I found the Wifes maternity jeans quite comfy.

Second the Duffer by St George recomendation. I’ve a BMB, & these fit nice. Gone down two sizes now though, but not planning on buying any more till I’m at target weight.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Help me find some jeans that fit!’ is closed to new replies.