Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Help me find some jeans that fit!
  • michaelbowden

OK I’m no Sir Chris Hoy, but where can I get jeans that don’t look like they’ve been spray painted to my thighs – if I can pull them up at all!

I’m a fairly normal 6 foot with a 34 inch waist and the current trend for skinny jeans means I can’t find anything to fit. Went to the Levi’s store yesterday and the only pair I could pull up where ‘their loose fit’, but they had no shape or style and were horrible.

Any suggestions??

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Firetrap, Diesel and Energie jeans are all pretty good.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

how old are you? anything over 28 forget it

simon_g

Gap “easy authentic” or Uniqlo “natural” fits are good for me. Sadly neither seem to kept in stock consistently.

Have never found any Levis that are a good fit either.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Why cant you spend 2 hours searching in TK max like the rest of us?

ton

red herring at debenhams fit big legs.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Same problem here.Im afraid that your best bet is to shop where the old farts go.M and S or anywhere that doesnt do high fashion.

timc
    Free Member

Nudie or Edwins, a tapered fit will look smart & have shape if you need a looser fit around thighs.

Try ASOS for home comfort of trying on

jonny-m
    Free Member

I recently order 12 pairs of jeans of different makes in my size from a online clothes retailer, and not one of them fitted me. 30 waist 31 leg, no chance!!!! I’ve given up and wear trackers now!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Boss Orange. No problems at all, Diesel get a bit snug as the season progresses…

Coyote
    Free Member

Yeah, whatever. 🙄

In answer to the OPs question. River Island have a decent range in a variety of cuts. G-Star also do some with a more accommodating thigh cut but not too shapeless everywhere else.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Lee jeans fit the larger of limb quite well I find. I usually get Lee Brooklyn jeans in the one wash versions.

wrecker
    Free Member

Boss Orange. No problems at all, Diesel get a bit snug as the season progresses…

This^
    Diesel used to make a comfy jean, but not now.
    I’m having success with Boss orange and Lee jeans and very, very little else.

toby1

When they have them, howies jeans fit the ‘larger’ thigh. Given that they seem to have forgotten how to stock though I last bought a pair of Element loose fit jeans from 2 seasons.

Good luck, finding perfect jeans is a nightmare!

munkyboy
    Free Member

jeans are a nightmare at the moment, just don’t get me started on those ginger skinny troose with nappy bottoms…

+1 for the tkmax freakshow rummage

timc
    Free Member

cut is more important than brand, a loose fit or regular fit with tapered leg is the way to go with big thighs otherwise they look like flares!

willard

Classic 501s no good to you?

I tried and failed to get jeans that look decent when i wear them, then decided that 501s were probably the least bad option for general wearing (with boots, trainers or shoes). Also, they are easy to get hold of if you know your size.

And the sizes are pretty standard.

I think I got my last pair in Bahrain from the NEx there

robob
    Free Member

last year i spent two weekends looking for jeans and tried on 38 pairs (thirty eight), i hate shopping, i hate going into town, i hate the whole experience of interacting with clothes shop assistants. so you can imagine this to be a pretty fraught experience.

i have a 30″ waist and not abnormally large thighs (or so i thought!) but some jeans were so tight i couldn’t get them over my thighs and some i could get on but you could see muscle definition through the material! diesel were pretty good but not perfect.

i ended up in tk maxx and finally got some that fitted (howies were too tight as well) for info they were ralph lauren and carhart.

seriously, good luck… you may need it.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Now you may laugh but try George jeans from Asdas! I bough a pair for gardening and they were so comfy I bought a few others for wearing out and about. Quality is as good as anything from Next or River Island and they were only £8!

mcboo
    Free Member

The answer to the question is Edwin

http://www.edwin-europe.com/mens_denim.php

Edwin Nashville are jeans for grown up men. Dark indigo, no stupid attachments, regular highish waist so your backside doesnt hang out the back. Regular straight fit, skinny jeans are a disaster.

If you are in London they sell them in Son of a Stag in Brick Lane, think Selfridges might have them. From Japan of all places but for some reason they fit rugby sized lads too.

BigJohn

£8!?!?

Tesco value at £5, or their classier ones at £7 for me.

The £5 ones for work clothes, £7 for evening dress.

I have a recurring day-mare about trying on trousers in a shop, getting them stuck halfway up and then toppling sideways out of the changing cubicle in full view of a laughing and pointing crowd.

mcboo
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Jeremy……you’re doing it again.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Tesco value at £5, or their classier ones at £7 for me.

Bloody cheapskate! 🙂

Heads to Tesco Direct

cynic-al
    Free Member

32/34 here, @43, Howies still do jeans that don’t look like your wee sister’s.

phil.w
    Free Member

Tesco value at £5

At that price at least there’s no illusions that the workers might be receiving a fair wage to make them.

binners

Never buy clothes from an establishment that has fruit in the next isle

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Never buy clothes from an establishment that has fruit in the next isle

Why?

binners

Potential cross contamination. You don’t want your trousers containing additional plums

wrecker
    Free Member

You might end up with a lemon.

<hangs head>
    Sorry.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

A pair of mine actually had a Findus lasgane in the back pocket. It was delicious!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

banana republic

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Geordie Jeans.

scud
    Free Member

Having been a rugby prop forward in the past, i suffer with big thighs, the only jeans that i ever to get to fit me are Gap, due to their American sizing!

Pook

gap for me. 6’2″, 34/34 loose fit. Bought some just yesterday.

tails
    Free Member

I will be very specific you need to buy Nudie Big Bengt now called Sharp Bengt. Please please go and try them on first as I bought some Nudie Average Joe’s in the same 32/32 but they did not fit over my thighs. I’m 99% sure they will work for you. If they work buy them on ebay for £30 instead of £80, often brand new with tags on.

finbar
    Free Member

Gap for me as well. I’m a 30/30. Weirdly though, when i take them off they don’t form a square.

pjm84
    Free Member

36/34 for me. Relaxed fit here I’m afraid.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Just got a pair in GAP at the w/e. Ex rugby prop and they are the only brand that fit my thighs

michaelbowden

Thanks all, GAP looks an easy try

Classic 501s no good to you?

I tried and failed to get jeans that look decent when i wear them, then decided that 501s were probably the least bad option for general wearing (with boots, trainers or shoes). Also, they are easy to get hold of if you know your size.

And the sizes are pretty standard.

I think I got my last pair in Bahrain from the NEx there

They don’t get halfway over my thighs even a size too big!

timc
    Free Member

tails – Member

I will be very specific you need to buy Nudie Big Bengt now called Sharp Bengt. Please please go and try them on first as I bought some Nudie Average Joe’s in the same 32/32 but they did not fit over my thighs. I’m 99% sure they will work for you. If they work buy them on ebay for £30 instead of £80, often brand new with tags on.

Like i said above, Big Begt is a tapered loose fit, ASOS to try & return if you dont like, not cheap mind but i got x2 pairs for £40 each in urban outfitters sale 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Help me find some jeans that fit!’ is closed to new replies.