Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help me find some forks with 1.1/8th steerer
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Ok so I’m struggling to find a set of ‘modern’ fork, 2012 onwards.

Budget £250 second hand is fine, bit more if new.

120mm, 130mm or 140mm travel
    15mm or 20mm axle
    26″ or 650b

This is the closest can find but a bit out of my price range:
    http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/forks/forks/rockshox-revelation-rct3-solo-air-26-140mm-15mm-maxle-black-131-148015.html

rocketman
    Free Member

140mm Argyle RCTs

Kindof expensive new but superb on a retro-throwback 26″ 1.125″ frame

ajantom

Have a look for Magura Thors, generally go fork about £150 on ebay. All the models from 2010 onwards are pretty much the same, 140mm travel, 1 1/8th steerer, will take 26″ and 650b, 20mm axle, nice and stiff due to double arch design.

superfli
    Free Member

Scott, do you want me to ask Windwave for you? They might have a set of RC3 Ti 44s (the older ones were 140).

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of RS Sektor (air) that I was about to stick in the for sale section – they’re 2012 models, 1&1/8″ steerer and 20mm maxle. Currently set at 130mm but you can remove the spacers if you want them longer. If you’re interested let me know, I can take some pics and measure the steerer when I’m home later.

scottfitz
    Free Member

superfli – Member

Scott, do you want me to ask Windwave for you? They might have a set of RC3 Ti 44s (the older ones were 140).
    I have asked

scottfitz
    Free Member

steezysix – Member

I’ve got a set of RS Sektor (air) that I was about to stick in the for sale section – they’re 2012 models, 1&1/8″ steerer and 20mm maxle. Currently set at 130mm but you can remove the spacers if you want them longer. If you’re interested let me know, I can take some pics and measure the steerer when I’m home later.
    yes interested email in profile.

cookeaa

X FUSION Velvet RL 140mm Travel 1 1/8″ steerer 15mm axle

32mm stanchions though…

But have a browse about for NOS 2013/2014 Year model X-Fusions I reckon if you want 1-1/8″ 15/20mm axles and possible 26″/650b compatibility…

Northwind

I think I’m about to have a set of 140mm, 26 inch 44 rc3 tis for sale- swithering between them and my revs but one more ride should settle it I think. Any good?

(I suppose if I keep the 44s, I’ll have the Revs for sale but they’re ancient and scabby so probably don’t meet your requirements 😉 )

anc
    Free Member

A mate got some of these tuther day and they arrived pretty quick. Look good for the money

DT Swiss

mtbcowboy
    Free Member

Some of the rock shock forks can be upgraded from 100 to 120mm travel by installing a new airshaft. I did this with mine but it was a 100mm QR fork. Getting a new 15mm axle 100mm fork may be difficult now. I would check merlin as a starting point.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

I think I’m about to have a set of 140mm, 26 inch 44 rc3 tis for sale- swithering between them and my revs but one more ride should settle it I think. Any good?
    I am interested if the price is right and you no longer want them, email in profile.

iainc

Sprockets have some good deals :

here

edit, just spotted you were after straight steerer…..

zippykona

Windwave used to swap steerers on marzocchi forks. I hope in years to come someone will be able to fit straight steerers to “modern” forks to keep my bike on the dirt.

jeremyd42
    Free Member

I’ve got a €15 off voucher to use on Alltricks website during an Event in the Alps. The minimum spend is €150 and the voucher code is EVENTALPES15
    Better than nothing 😀

cookeaa

Windwave used to swap steerers on marzocchi forks. I hope in years to come someone will be able to fit straight steerers to “modern” forks to keep my bike on the dirt.

Very doubtful, you’re harking back to when steerer and stanchions were just clamped into the crowns, these days the “CSU” is a single factory cryofit assembly, they won’t make an extra straight steerer variant without the demand from their OEM customers, which is unlikely…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help me find some forks with 1.1/8th steerer’ is closed to new replies.