Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • help me find…. a tea bag transport system
  • Stoner
    Free Member

You know those plastic cases that SD cards used to come in, see through plastic, hinged at one end, catch at the other. Clam shell opening.

Im looking for something like that but a bit bigger – has to be the size of a Twinnings tea bag (paper wrapped) and deep enough to take, say 5 or 6 tea bags. Nobody makes something just for tea bags, but Im having trouble finding a generic case on eBay etc.

geoffj

really useful boxes

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b00_07litre30ColSet.php

I think you’ll be able to buy them singly in staples

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a look for the sort that business cards come in from the printers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sandwicheater

Would a case for mini discs be about the right size?

Stoner
    Free Member

really useful boxes: had a quick look though and theyre too substantial or too big.
    Im thinking something smaller than a deck of cards.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Don’t see the need.

Why not just put them in a plastic bag?

Stoner
    Free Member

mini dics case still too big. def thinking more like oversized SD card case than small plastic box.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Round, Square or Pyramid teabags?

Stoner
    Free Member

in a plastic bag they tend to get knackered/crushed/ravaged in the bottom of a day bag where they live until needed (hence also airtight/waterproof requirement)

Stoner
    Free Member

JHJ – I assure you Twinnings only do one shape of bag. And it ain’t round!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member
    maccruiskeen

not quite the same shape as you’re describing but something like the telescopic plastic parts boxes (the sort of thing drill bits and router bits are sometimes supplied in) might do the job. I’d imagine the people who supply them will have various other small containers too.

I mention that as I’ve just opened a jiffy bag full of them and realised the drill bits I order are sold in units of 10…. so I now have 100 drill bits. Double ended ones too. A life times supply of 3.5mm and 5mm holes.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

not quite the same shape as you’re describing but something like the telescopic plastic parts boxes (the sort of thing drill bits and router bits are sometimes supplied in) might do the job. I’d imagine the people who supply them will have various other small containers too.

I have one of those in the garage, could fit tea bags in. I think a hope headset came in it.

jota180
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

now you’re talking jota. Soap transport systems could well fill the need!
    cheers. I shall modify my searching. Those are good start though

Houns

Those waterproof wallet thingies

maccruiskeen

the light-weight backpacking type suppliers might have little containers too

BoardinBob

http://www.myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-powertower/10605622.html

The individual sections are small but big enough for 6 tea bags

Stoner
    Free Member

these “foaming scented slice”* storage boxes are much closer to what I was thinking.

* WTAF?

singletrackgrace
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

even better STgrace!

I had something in the back of long lost memory that I was trying to grasp and old game cartridge boxes are a very likely candidate.

Thanks all, I think I have some ideas now

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

asda do a load of plastic boxes, the smallest should be about the right size.
    also this is maybe slightly big but will prevent teabag damage I can vouch for waterproofness of this kit – £7 how much do you value your teabags?

nickjb
    Free Member

4x as or 2x 18650 battery case. Got mine free with batteries from dx and 7
    dayshop but you can buy them. Might be little small. Or an otter box. Waterproof to 40m. Used to use them for car keys when scuba diving.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OTTER-1000-WATERPROOF-CASES-Clear/dp/B0045E985A

lemonysam
    Free Member

Tictac box?

midlifecrashes
    bamboo
    Free Member

How about an old 35mm film plastic box thingamimmy?

Stoner
    Free Member

good shout nickjb, I can just about squeeze 4x into a 7dayshop AA box.

Bit cramped though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

What you are looking for is a lense filter case

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A ziploc food bag will keep them far fresher than any plastic case, I’d rather have a nice tasting cuppa from a bashed bag than an immaculate looking bag that’s been aired for weeks.

*Can’t believe I actually just said that. Nominee for most boring thread of 2015 so far?

mefty
    Free Member
    martinhutch

Got the packaging from one of these lying around?

Stoner
    Free Member

*sees martinhutch post, nips out to shed*

I have one of those chain boxes in front of me now (just built a new bike the other week so had a new chain). It’s bit on the big side, although I do like how slim it is, it takes 8x in their paper pouches. Needs a rubber band. Leading candidate at the moment 🙂

maccruiskeen

faberge egg?

(just on the off chance you have one of them hanging about too)
    🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

faberge egg?

(just on the off chance you have one of them hanging about too)

Tried that. Wont fit.

Cougar

How soon people forget.

maccruiskeen

Tried that. Wont fit.

OM actual G

I’m tempted to continue making suggestions to keep you running round the house – like a drunkard at the window of the 24hr garage.

zippykona

We sell these.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I thought my suggestion was a goer 🙁

martinhutch

It’s bit on the big side, although I do like how slim it is, it takes 8x in their paper pouches. Needs a rubber band. Leading candidate at the moment

I love those chain boxes – I use them to package up loads of little bits/tools for trips. I have my complete on-the-fly brake fettling kit in one.

On a similar theme, these are awesome, especially if you need to eat the chocs to make room for your bits and pieces. I had a similar beverages container for car camping – but with tea bags, sugar, coffee and milk, plus salt and pepper and sauce sachets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘help me find…. a tea bag transport system’ is closed to new replies.