Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me find a PF30 eccentric bottom bracket!
  • spooky_b329

I’ve now been staring at my beautiful ‘new-to-me’ bike for nine days. I’ve bought some new stuff to convert the bike to my liking, everything turned up within three days except the BB I need to finish the singlespeed conversion.

I needed a bike shop to remove the Hope PF30 bottom bracket so I can’t even bodge it with a tensioner now.

The scumbag bike shop (I didn’t realise who was behind the trading name until I got to the payment page) have not delivered the BB, I suspect its being sent to them from their supplier. I rang before ordering and they claimed they had the BB ready to post out…plenty of time before Christmas to get some riding in, I thought.

So, does anyone have, or know of a shop that has either a Problem Solvers PF30 eccentric BB, or a Wheels Manufacturing PF30 eccentric BB? As in, one in stock and ready to go?

Thanks (gazes at bike…)

amplebrew

I had a Problem Solvers EBB on my Shand Bahookie which always seemed to have a bit of resistance.

I ended up replacing it with a Niner Biocentric EBB bought from Stif which was much better. It felt much better engineered and had far less resistance.

tdog
    Free Member

Stif might have a Niner one if old stock to shift cheap :/

Or else my local The Dogs Wheels Plymouth has Wheels ManuFacturing bbs in as got my pf30 threaded from them

spooky_b329

Thanks both, I hadn’t really looked at the Niner one as wasn’t sure it was for a plain PF30 shell. Its going on a Bahookie so good to hear someone else has used one! I’ve sent a message to Stif.

spooky_b329

thanks old man. Apparently its going to turn up on Friday, nearly two weeks after ordering. How they know it’ll be Friday, who knows.

firestarter
    Free Member

I have a problem solvers one from my shand that is sat in the back of my cupboard I can dig out if you need it after Christmas

spooky_b329

Thank you firestarter, where abouts are you?

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m in leeds

spooky_b329

Thanks Firestarter, hopefully an end in sight as Parcelforce have just revealed they received my order today using express24 so delivery Friday. 10 days to despatch an ‘In Stock’ item and they claimed they sent it on the 17th. Seems Mark Anthony’s reputation is still warranted 🙁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

PLEASE hide Elephant when we are round next as Chewie will make short work of it!

firestarter
    Free Member

No worries mate good luck

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a PF30 eccentric bottom bracket!’ is closed to new replies.