Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me find a bike for a 10 year old boy please
  • ukbikerider
    Free Member

A work colleague is looking for a 24″ wheel mountain bike for his son for Christmas. No real off road use intended, just riding round the park etc.

Needs to be a 24″ wheel & a boys bike ideally, can anyone make any suggestions or offer a better alternative to the below?

Cheers 🙂

Jamis X.24 2015 Kid Bike @ Evans

jkomo

I got my lad an Isla Beinn small 26 at ten. Cheaper in the long run, lighter, easier to keep up with me.
    At the time the Ridgeback bikes also looked good.

fingerbang
    Free Member

second hand! its a good bet because kids grow out of them (20>24>26) after a few years.

I bought my 10 yr old a little used Cannondale 24 inch off Gumtree in the summer and its a bobby dazzler. When he’s a few years bigger it’ll have to get sold though.

gumtree/ebay/pinkbike etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonathan
    Free Member

The problem with ebay is you need time to wait for the right thing… nerve racking as Christmas approaches!

Frog have got to be worth a look if he can stretch a little bit further: http://www.frogbikes.com/lightweight-kids-bikes/hybrid-bikes/frog62.aspx
    or
    http://www.frogbikes.com/lightweight-kids-bikes/hybrid-bikes/frog69.aspx
    depending on how big he is.

timnwild

Isla Bike all the way – you can upgrade to suspension forks, add chunkier tyres, get a great price on eBay when he’s done with it. Never seen anyone as happy with a present as my daughter when she rode off on hers.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Just bought an immaculate Trek mt220 for my partners boy for £75 via ebay.
    It’ll probably still be worth most of that when we sell it on too.
    Nice bikes,reasonably light and with Treks dialled fit which includes adjustable stem and cranks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a bike for a 10 year old boy please’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts