Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me find – a 12v Garden light sensor that works
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

I had an old 12v power supply lying around, so I bought some 12V LED floodlights to run off it I’ve tried a couple of the cheap Chinese Outdoor sensors from ebay and neither of them has worked properly. I did bodge up an inddor one into a sealed box and that kind of worked but it didn’t have a sensitivity adjustment so it was kind of hyperactive.

Would be helpful if it had a photsensor – but I can always run the whole setup off a timer if needs be.

Budget is around £30 max

Thanks in advance

spectabilis
    Free Member

Snap. Spent my lunch break looking for the same. Glad you tried the eBay ones before I wasted my £ 😆

I’ll have another go tomorrow and post some links.

stof41
    Free Member

Try looking for GJD stuff. 12v and very reliable.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Try looking for GJD stuff. 12v and very reliable.

Pretty looking detectors – but not quite what I’m looking for – if I wanted a seperate control box I’d probaly head down the raspberry pi route.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m going to try one of the home easy wireless PIR’s and use that to switch on/off the 12V PSU at the socket. Fingers crossed

andysredmini
    Free Member

Try these people http://www.acetek.co.uk/id66.html
    I struggled to find a dusk sensor to use with led bulbs and these were at the time the only company I could find. They were really good to deal with over the phone and Set the device up to your requirements. I’m not sure if they have what you require but worth a look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me find – a 12v Garden light sensor that works’ is closed to new replies.