Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help me design a route: Saddleworth moor to Leeds
  • mrchrist

Evening,

A few years ago mrs christ dropped me off by the mast on the M62 and I rode home to Leeds. Was ace. Planning on doing it again in the next few weeks but need some help on the 2nd half of the route please as reckon it can be improved.

Last time i rode north along the pennine way all the way to stooley pike and dropped into hebden via the tunnel of love. Amazing.

Then heading north again to howarth hanging a right before leeshaw resi and over the Oxenhope. Great.

Then pupickedcked up the calder aire link over to Ogden. Again great.

Then it got a bit mediocre…

Headed east eventually passing a dry ski slope then dropping into shibden dale.

Out of that then through norwood green, oakenshaw and over to Pudsey where i live.

So question is…

Is there a better way to get from Hebden or Oxenhope to west leeds?

el_boufador

Well the most obvious one to me is oxenhope up to black moor, pick up last half of bingley bash to, er, bingley. Then you can head up over baildon moor, buck, spring and/or calverley woods and variations of such. Canal there for an easy option if you need to bail.

el_boufador

Another great of one from oxenhope is to get from there over to Ogden, great moorland trail. But from Ogden I’m not sure what you could do

el_boufador

Sorry can see you did the Ogden bit on re reading

mrchrist

Yeah was looking at going through bingley and back along the canal. Probably the best other option.

andy8442
    Free Member

Hmmm..M62, M606,A650, Tong then home. About 30-35 mins in light traffic.

Wait a minute….

No, come off at Ikea,through Drig then home.

mrchrist

^^^ need an eBike for that:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help me design a route: Saddleworth moor to Leeds’ is closed to new replies.