Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Help me decide where to move to please!
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Well it is not a sheep yet, but one day….

I do believe you were on strict instructions not to have more than one, and returned with 5+ under your belt, and yes stickers are the clue you were looking for!

Stoner
    Free Member

aha.

I remember now(ish) 🙂

hope you guys had a good MM.

As a matter of fact Ive just placed an order with them…from the sale stock, inevitably 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

ABBERGAVENNY
    http://www.abergavenny.co.uk/
    Some of the best road + MTB all on your doorstep.
    Stunning countryside – edge of Brecons.
    Bristol + Cardiff, Newport all within 20-45min drive away – GOOD MOTORWAY/DUEL CARRIGEWAY LINKS.
    Rail links to Cardiff.
    Newport track down the road.
    Some of the best youth cycling clubs (Maindy Flyers, Newport Velo, Abbergavenny CC, Cardiff Ajax, etc) + development in the country.
    Couple of good bike shops.
    Local chaingang if your a roadie.
    Property is not to expensive.
    Local Council are open minded about cycling development – just had the National Road Race champs.
    Trail centres just down the road.
    Free perscriptions.
    No SAT's
    There is also Hereford Just up the road.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Stoner – Yeah it was good, we all came away with our fair share of goodies from the other stands, still have absolutely no desire to take part however!

There is some great stiff in the sale, same with new catalog, can't wait to see it.

Have to grab a beer at some point.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Unless you want to move to Scotland I would say Sheffield area. Good countryside and citys around, good transport links.

Philby

Somerset would be another option – possibly around Taunton. Good access to the Quantocks, Mendips and Exmoor for riding. Good road and rail links. Easy access to Bristol, Bath and Exeter for work and culture.

Alternatively a village around Bristol might suit you.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Another vote for Poole/Bournemouth area.

Good enough riding (Purbecks etc), loads of people to ride with (40 / 50 on mid week evenings) if that takes your fancy, cream teas a plenty.

Southampton 30mins, Portsmouth 45mins, London hour and a half (train 2 hours), nice weather, beaches, AFC Bournemouth, ice creams, ferries to France, airport, excellent bike shops.

Good schools, not 'that' expensive for housing (sandbanks excluding) and it's still in the south, so no interpretor needed.

yossarian
    Free Member

Curious as to how you can sell your house really easily Yossarian?

The town that I live in is very popular with affluent london types who are looking for a second home at the seaside. It will sell within a month of going on the market, without question.

Stoner
    Free Member

will do Justin.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Help me decide where to move to please!’ is closed to new replies.