Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help me choose a new mower!
  • surfer
    Free Member

Current one is around 20 yrs old and is really becoming beyond repair so its time buy another one which will hopefully last as long.
    Needs to be Petrol as the garden is reasonably big and we have a front lawn so cables would be a PITA.

So Honda or Mountfield or ??

I know the Hondas are top notch and within reason its not about the cost. Which should I buy??

ononeorange

Used a Hayter for years which has been brilliant but I have heard that the newer ones are not so good.

No idea about the ones you mention.

michaelbowden

Honda everytime

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

People, people! This is STW! None of your mainstream suggestions, please.

Buy a goat.

surfer
    Free Member

There are now more mowers over there >>>>> than you can shake a stick at 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

I went for Honda. So glad I did. Bit of a brace yourself moment at the price, especially as I got a 4 stroke Honda strimmer at the same time, but they are so solid and reliable and easy to service I would do the same again.

Goats are smelly and very good at escaping.

bol

Husqvarna do a Honda engined mower for a lot less than the Honda ones. I’m about to buy one with a 53″ deck for £380. Looks pretty good to me. Apparently it’s only the Harrier that Hayter make themselves. They’re lovely but the equivalent size is £1000!

JoeG
    Free Member

I bought a $600 or $700 Honda a few hears ago. Its fantastic!

the_lecht_rocks

i’ve a stihl viking from a dealer who also sold honda – he recommended the viking as it was better value.

it’s excellent and has a plastic collector unlike the canvas honda colllector which is better if you ever cut damp grass..

of couse i’ve only had it 2 years but they seem recommended and reliable !

btw, i have a honda car and motorbike , so i’m totally unbiased [sort of]. !

surfer
    Free Member

has a plastic collector unlike the canvas honda colllector

My current one has a plastic collecter which is great, are the canvas ones a faff??

Maybe I’ve got preferences I didnt know I had!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a new mower!’ is closed to new replies.