Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me choose a frame please
  • sandwicheater

Can’t decide and need to make a decision today.

Both bouncy 29er large frames and both very good. Both require a new longer fork so Pike will be purchased as well.

On-One Codeine 29er with Monarch plus

Can put my hope BB into this, can put part of my hope headset in (need new lower) & frame deal has the pike for £500

2015 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Evo

Good-Descent warranty

The spesh will need a complete new headset and BB (press fit, hmmmm) and all in all with pike be about £300 more.

I keep looking at them both and normally have a gut feeling but my gut is devoid of feeling.

Help me STW, you’re my only help.

Happy for you to point me in the direction of something else. Will be my do it all bike, Hebden Fun, trail centres, just about everything.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d get the Specialized. That’s not based on riding either of them, just on how I imagine things would pan out if there was a problem, based on what I’ve read about On-One and Specialized. I assume test rides aren’t possible given the deadline.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you tried either for size?

Both look a bit short in reach, but assuming you’re happy with that I’d probably go for the Codeine.

Even though it’s a touch shorter than the Stumpy, it also has 15mm shorter chainstays – I really can’t see the Stumpy’s 455mm stays being fun in Hebden!

And the On One looks like a stiffer frame as well.

bearnecessities

Everyone knows the best lovers ride Specialized.

Do you want people to think you’re a rubbish lover?

sandwicheater

I’ve not been able to throw a leg over either but, BIL has the Codeine and similar size to me and coming from a Bandit which was even more cramped, not worried about the reach.

Not taken into account the look/effect on my Mr loverlover status. At the end of the day, tis all about getting lady winks (other winks are available, lady winks are just my thing y’all).

I think chakaping has sorted this for me. Got rid of my Horsethief as a little to slow in the tight stuff. Don’t want to go back to that.

To Sheffield!!!

Beers for all above (real beers, not this internet kind) await you in Huddersfield/Halifax or anyone coming to the Dyfi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a frame please’ is closed to new replies.