Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me choose 26" rigid fork
  • nescafe
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m new in this forum, right now I’m planning to convert my Cannondale Trail Six 26 inch to rigid bike for commuting.

I have browse around and so far my choice are:

Mosso Carbon/Alu 41cm
    Exotic Carbon 39cm/42.5cm/44.5cm/46.5cm

I’m confusing with the length of the fork, for Mosso it’s only one length (axle to bottom of the crown) which is around 41cm, but the Exotic have many length options, which I think 42.5cm or 44.5cm will be suitable for my needs.

Any opinions and input about which one is the best fit for length will be very appreciated.

Thank You in advance

simonlovell999
    Free Member

The 445mm will be for 100mm suspension corrected. 420mm for 80mm suspension corrected. Depends what fork you have on the cannondale atm (a-to-c). The exotic is very nice, lightweight and comfortable on the trail. Got some pace rc31’s at the moment and they are very nice – lightweight at 650 grams

takisawa2

42cm is roughly the ride height of an 80mm fork, 44cm a 100mm & 47cm is usually for a 29er, but can replace a 120mm fork on a 26″ wheeled bike although the usually have a different offset. Not sure on 39cm, probably for an old 63mm travel bike.

And ditto the above, the Exotic carbon is a very good fork. I’ve had them, still do on the Wifes bike.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Daft question but do you need a rigid fork for commuting? Won’t be noticeably more efficient, will certainly be less comfortable…

johnnystorm

On-One Carbon monocoque. £106 if you pre-order using the UK29OFF29 code (check I got that right!). It won’t arrive until September mind you. I went for it as I thought the mono design would suit my bike better and it was post mount.

postierich
    Free Member

pipedream do a rigid fork in white or black £51 posted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose 26" rigid fork’ is closed to new replies.