Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me Boost my Hope Pro2 EVO
  • Premier Icon mccraque

Just taken the plunge on a new fork which is BOOST 15mm bolt through.

My hub is a Pro2, QR.

Hope tell me I need firstly the 15mm kit, and additionally then the BOOST kit (from 100mm -110mm). So…two kits. And then a re-dish of the wheel.

The Wolftooth Kit seems to do it without the re-dish. But I still think I’ll need the 15mm kit initially. The wolftooth is also about £45. But does not require a re-dish.

Are there any significant pros and cons to either?

Have also seen some spacer kits on Ebay, but they look like they may just get lost in the trail first time I take the wheel off forgetting they are just loose spacers.

Real world experiences anyone?

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

To go QR to 15mm you pull out the stepped end caps and fit ones with a 15mm bore.

To go boost, you take the drive side one of those out and fit similar but longer version to take up the extra 10mm. Then dish the wheel.

Maybe an add in the wanted section and someone might be able to offer you a single end cap from their boostification project.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

You’re looking at £30 worth of adaptors. A new hub is £75. I sold one on eBay recently for £40.

Cheapest option might be to buy a new front hub and sell the old one depending what you’re like with wheel building.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

You just need a boost kit, It’s already 15mm.
    Ah, ignore me – you’ll need a drive side adapter too.

I’ve likely got a spare. I’ll have a look when I get home.

Premier Icon robbie
    Free Member

Just done this.
    15mm axle adapters
    Mt zoom boost front hub kit £9.99
    No redishing and I just put a wrap of black electrical tape to hold the spacers when axle removed.
    Didn’t want the hassle of redishing in case I wanted to use the wheel on another bike.

Premier Icon greeny30
    Free Member

I bought a boost conversion torque cap pair from crc, seems they don’t do the same for non torque cap.
    At least it’s only £9 extra for the drive side longer cap. The re-dish makes the wheel stronger by making the spoke angles more even, but if you can’t do it yourself the cost is adding up.

Premier Icon gribble
    Free Member

I’ve just done the exact same thing, but less frugally than Robbie & Greeny. I am embarrassed about the total cost, but the MRP kit is well made and fits well. The end caps are like Hope – don’t fall out when you extract the wheel. No re-dishing.

MRP Boost Kit made from solid gold…

Premier Icon gribble
    Free Member

Oh; the MRP kit also comes with the 15mm fitting for each side. So no other kit needed.

Premier Icon Yetiman
    Free Member

I also have the MRP kit and can recommend.

Premier Icon Phil_H

If its a rockshox fork you can redish the wheel & use one of these

Premier Icon mccraque

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.