• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by nbt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me attach a light to my head
  • IHN

I have a number (that number being three) of Moon bike lights. They all look a bit like this:

Occasionally, it would be handy if I could attach one of them to my head (DIY in dark spaces, that kinda thing). I don’t really want to buy a headtorch, as I already have more lights than I need (did I mention that I have three, fairly identical, bike lights?)

The lights are pretty small, pretty lightweight, so I just need some kind of headband with an elasticated/velcro loop that’ll hold the torch in place.

Looking on eBay just brings back loads of headtorches, which, as I say, I don’t want. Any ideas/suggestions?

Bunnyhop

I’ve got lots of velcro in stock. You would have to wear a hat though (very scratchy and uncomfortable to put near skin).

tjagain

M6 tap and bolt?  Nice steady semi permanent fixing

soundninjauk

M6 tap and bolt? Nice steady semi permanent fixing

Yeah but use one of the plastic ‘bolts’ like you get with the Exposure helmet mounts so if you smack it on something it’ll strip the bolt and not your skull.

peekay

I use One of these with an Exposure Joystick, a Lezyne Hecto Drive and another similar sized unbranded light.

Depending on the diameter of you Moon, it might work.

fasthaggis

Yup,I use one of those exposure headband thingies when I can find it.
    VERY IMPORTANT–>> always remember to remove it before you leave the house<<– VERY IMPORTANT 😆 🤣

nbt

@peekay thanks for that, I have a couple of 18650 torches that I could use for a similar task, that looks ideal

bfjaerem
    Free Member

Just buy a screw fix head torch £9 rechargeable white and red lights plus a movement sensor although no idea what this is for!

bentandbroken

M6 tap and bolt? Nice steady semi permanent fixing

Yeah but use one of the plastic ‘bolts’ like you get with the Exposure helmet mounts so if you smack it on something it’ll strip the bolt and not your skull.

This is very sage advice! 😀

nbt

Bugger, that head band has sold out now!

pocpoc
    Free Member

This universal head band adapter thing looks like it does what you need.

nbt

@pocpoc that look suseful thanks, this one is cheaper

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.