Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help i've got the crank puller tool firmly wedged in the crank arms
  • professorfaceplant
    Free Member

soooo i didn’t use the cap on the end of the tool and tighted too hard and now the crank puller has wedged ‘itself’ firmly in the hollowteck cranks

any ideas on how i can remove it – i’ve tried percussive spanners and it doesn’t seem to work

ThePinkster

Have you tried squirting any light lube on the threads and letting soak for a while?

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

no i haven’t only becasue it’s not actually on the threads, its actually wedged into the bottom bracket

sorry it is pretty difficult to explain and i don’t have pictures, but basically the its the inner bolt that pushes against the axle that is stuck, the actual bolt that screws into the crank arms is fine. the inner bolt is wedged inside the axle body

takisawa2

I’ve done that before. I stuck a drill bit through the axle & screwed the bolt back in on the other side so it pushed against the puller. It popped off easily.

ThePinkster

Lube should still make it easier to get out as it’ll reduce the friction.

As above I’d use a longish drill bit but use it as a drift with a hammer rather than using a bolt. Similar idea though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help i've got the crank puller tool firmly wedged in the crank arms’ is closed to new replies.