Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help, I’ve been burgled and my IPOD is set up to our email account.
  • Monkey
    Free Member

Hi, our house was burgled Wednesday and I have just realised that my Ipod touch is configured to our email account. I have changed the password from my PC but will this mean that the IPOD will no longer be able to log in? It was set up to sign straight in.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Should be Ok from my limited knowledge. The I pod would have been putting the password in automatically so changing the password should protect it.

I think

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’ll be fine. if you’ve changed the password then it’s changed on your mail server; any remote devices that were configured to auto log in prior to you changing it will have the old password set and so will not be able to access unless the account credentials were to be correctly updated on that device too.

Monkey
    Free Member

thanks, that is a big help.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto, it’ll be fine. Bad luck though

deft
    Free Member

I had my ipod touch nicked and only then realised what a nightmare it was in terms of passwords and things. Facebook, twitter, email, all sorts of websites automatically logged in and so on

Hopefully the new ones will have a remote shutdown like the new iphones

kiwijohn

Have you changed your itunes account as well?

deft
    Free Member

you have to put your password in every time you use itunes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help, I’ve been burgled and my IPOD is set up to our email account.’ is closed to new replies.