Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help Irish bike shop name
  • Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Long shot. I bought a dura ace group set from(I’m 99%) sure an Irish bike shop around 4-5 years ago. The cassette has fell to bits(only used on summer bike so low miles) contacted Madison no problem they said send it back to shop of purchase to progress warranty claim. Can I remember the bike shop 🙁

Even contacted my then used cc company to get name but due to gdpr records can’t be kept 🙁

I do remember commenting on a thread on here years ago about the bike shop as they were well regarded but very slow to ship goods.(but history only going back 3 years) Looking at googl nothing rings a bell.

I’m sure it was a small’ish family run shop. Anyone any ideas ?

Premier Icon dhrider
    Free Member

Northern or Southern Ireland?

Slane Cycles are a road online shop and are based in Belfast.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Not sure northern or southern 🙁 I just remember at the time it was one of the best prices for the group set at the time. Wasn’t slane unfortunately. I thought it was total cycling but they have no record at all ! Memory eh.

Premier Icon jkomo

Was it ‘How’s a bike yer’.

Premier Icon tomhoward

Chain reaction would have been family run back then… not small mind.

Any bike shop will be able to process the warranty, though they may charge. And if it’s 4-5 years old, it won’t be in warranty anyway…

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Yes I’m surprised they are entertaining the warranty but it’s a very odd failure of cassette(think it was common) at the time. Rivets separating on the titanium cogs ? I did tell Madison it was over 3 years old(warranty is 3 years)

Premier Icon Loughan
    Free Member

Bikedock? Went bust a number of years ago though.
    McConvey Cycles?
    You’re going to have to narrow it down to north or south! Did you pay in Euros or pounds. Did the word ‘ye’ appear anywhere in the transaction?

Premier Icon drew

Ciclisport?

Premier Icon drew

That should be Cicli Sport

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

It was £££ not McConvey or ciclisport.

Premier Icon Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Dave Kane Cycles?

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Not Dave Kane either 🙁 More I think about it I’m still sure it was total cycling but they say they can’t find any record ? I’ll try them again to double check.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.