Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help! Inkjet printer print head – do I buy a new one?
  • twiglet_monster
    Free Member

I know I know, first world problem alert..

My Inkjet printer (Canon MP560) is 7 years old now.

Done great service but has started getting clunky – Looks like the print head might be blocked.
    Tried soaking the print head in water, and separately in nail varnish remover. Lots of ink comes out but still not got a clean print. the test page is missing colours.

any other suggestions or is it just buy a new print head at 65 quid?

Thanks folks

TM

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had issue with an Epson inkject printer with blocked nozzles. Used some IPA and a syringe to force fluid through the nozzles and unblocked them that way. Its been fine since.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

ah ok. how did you get the syringe to attach to the print head? did you use a needle?

Thanks
    TM

bigyinn
    Free Member

On the epson there is a prong which pierces the seal on each of the 4 ink cartridges, the prong also has 3 small holes to draw the ink into the printhead, so a small piece of rubber tubing from the syringe over the prong let me do it.

Murray

At that age I’d probably replace it. I got an Epson WF-2750 for about what your printhead cost.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

I’m sure you’re all desperate to learn how this ended up 🙂

I bought a kit online whihc included some cleaner and a syringe with some endcaps for a few quid. Had lots of fun pulling and pushing fluid through thr printhead yesterday – and fixed! now printing like new . yay

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well that’s a bit of a result.

bigyinn
    Free Member

There you go. Another success!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help! Inkjet printer print head – do I buy a new one?’ is closed to new replies.