Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help IDing some Five Tens?
  • mrdestructo

The pic is of some for sale. They may be very old stock. They may be newly produced using an old factory (less said, the better).

It’s very hard to get footwear in my size where I am and the last two pairs I snagged (different source) were 2012 model Red Barons someone had been sitting on (soles are the less sticky, more durable type, so I’m hoping these are super sticky)

chiefgrooveguru

Aren’t they just normal Freeriders?

sillyoldman

Look like standard Freeriders to me too.

mrdestructo

Right, so not as stiff, or have the toe protection of the pros. Positive being with “feeling” the pedals better which my Red Barons aren’t too good with. Trying to get accurate pedal placement isn’t much fun, although the hard soles are good protecting against fatigue.

My GF must have the basic model also then, as she complains her feet hurt after we are out riding. Just been reading about the model differences. I had thought her feet hurt because she ends up getting off and walking so much.

chiefgrooveguru

The normal Freeriders aren’t super bendy, I’ve worn them for pretty full days of riding. Pros are stiffer but narrower.

dogbone

The 5:10 Pro PrimeBlue are £84 with discount code. Not a sticky as the full fat Pro’s but comfortable.

D4X5-TDCK-7PWZ-PBLWP

https://www.adidas.co.uk/five-ten-freerider-pro-primeblue-mountain-bike-shoes/FX0301.html?forceSelSize=8.5

endomick
    Free Member

Haven’t seen them with five ten written on like that before, they usually have a levis style tab with freerider written on above where that writing is.

Tracey

My first Freeriders had it written like that, think around 2010, we have had a few pairs since then but non of the others have had it like that

mrdestructo

Yeah, thought they may be retro models being produced again in a grey factory, or maybe long stored stock.

A suggestion to buy from a .co.uk website will be prohibitively expensive in postage and custom fees as my local is .com.cn.

Basic, older Freerider model (2010?) As mentioned earlier, I sourced two pairs of 2012 Red Barons recently. So, coming in wide fitting is good due to getting older and my feet flattening down. I’ve gone from narrow to wide fitting. Sucks ordinarily, but today – Score!

I bought the shoes and looked at the sale page again and they’re out of stock now. Must have got the last pair (big sigh of relief)

mrdestructo

In the ongoing search for footwear in the land of small people, I’ve found another retro model for sale in my size (UK13). Seems someone is finding random dusty boxes in a warehouse somewhere. The old Freerider model I got (above, genuine, made in S.Korea) have worked out great. S1 rubber, a bit better than my Red Baron’s (Stealth Phantom) which I wasn’t 100% confident with after bouncing off the pedals a fair few times.

There is a pattern on the toe of this one that I can’t find online. And writing on the strap over the laces. Freerider or Kestrel Lace? Possibly need to be thinking anywhere from 2010-2016?

I tried clipless before, but basic shimano xc pedal clones, and roadie shoes that may have been half a size too small and didn’t suit me (caused a knee injury). These are going for £26 so might get some clipless platform combi pedals and try once more if anyone thinks it’s a wise trial?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help IDing some Five Tens?’ is closed to new replies.