• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Help! Ideas for spontaneous 40th b-day surprise.
  • alpin
    Free Member

GF’s 40th tomorrow. Tbh, I had kinda forgotten given all the other shit going on in our lives right now.

Don’t normally do much on our birthdays, but she says she would like a surprise.

Doesn’t need/want anything material.

Would usually go for a walk in the alps, but the weather is due to be minging tomorrow.

I’m stumped….. and possibly dead in 24 hours.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s 5pm in Germany right? That’s top class leaving-it-late :). Plus I think you only have about 16 hours.

How far away is the weather bad? Can you have a nice drive to a nice restaurant or something? You could always claim you planned a lovely day out but you can’t control the weather…

binners

Get some flowers from the 24 hour garage.

Nothing says I forgot your birthday I love you like some petrol station flowers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

but she says she would like a surprise

Buy a scream mask and lurk over her just before her alarm goes off?

Breakfast in bed?

Tell her you’re pregnant?

I mean, what sort of surprise are you thinking?

binners

but she says she would like a surprise

I’d imagine that you completely forgetting it was her 40th should provide that? 😂

db

Same day flower delivery.

Shopping trip to favourite store?

Book 3 favourite restaurants for food. Ask her to guess where you’re going and hopefully its one of the 3. She then thinks you are amazing for guessing her favourite!

Bit of romance, candles etc when its bed time.

Good luck!

tuboflard

Pick a nice restaurant you’ve not been to before but gets good reviews online. Make a day of it (assuming you have the day off). Visit somewhere new and make memories, they’re more valuable than something from a shop (or petrol station).

duncancallum

Book a meal out somewhere posh

Proposal of marriage

Book a holiday

Fake your own death?

dannybgoode

Coke and hookers party. Assuming you got the cash that should be doable in the timeframe.

Save the hassle of it all by surprising her with the announcement, by text, that you’ve decided to split up with her?

Hopefully the above two suggestions meet the expected standard of STW responses to scenarios such as these.

binners

Bit of romance, candles etc when its bed time.

Business Time?

ElShalimo

Buy her a ferret – everyone loves ferrets !!

wheelsonfire1

STW lifetime subscription?

ElShalimo

Jump in the car, take her here. It’s amazing!

https://www.chocolaterie-gap.de/

Then get a nice lunch somewhere locally in a mountain hut

paton
    Free Member

..40th bidet surprise….
    ……shit going on….

What was the question?

yetidave
    Free Member

Fake your own death?

not sure faking death will be the issue.

alpin
    Free Member

Fake your own death?

Best idea so far….

She does not do shopping. Is not at all materialistic, which is why I love her.

Buy her a ferret – everyone loves ferrets !!

I did half jokingly suggested we go to the shelter and get a dog. Without her having to say anything I know that we are not going to the dog shelter.

tuboflard

Pack a bag and see how far you can both get in 24 hours on a train. Preferably both together, not in opposite directions.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Anyone local organising an April Fool, fatbike tarmac time trial?

stwhannah

Book a table somewhere for lunch, book a B&B, draw a hand made map showing the walk or bike ride you’ll take between all the locations. Or just book the B&B, but do the map and show it via a load of different bars and cafes and scenic spots.

Book flights/train tickets/theatre tickets to a bunch of places and present them along the way. Buy ones that get delivered by email tonight.

TiRed

Download of Mozart’s Requiem. You are so dead, that she’ll play it with some relish over your cold body.

A trip to a nice restaurant. One that’s sufficiently expensive that it hurts a bit, but says I do care and I didn’t forget.

reeksy

This might be a bit OTT, but my father-in-law just surprised my Mother in law with a flight to Antarctica to photograph the aurora australis. Obvs, not practical from Europe, but something along those lines might be?

yetidave
    Free Member

Mother in law with a flight to Antarctica

this is a good idea, they might not find the body for years.

binners

Do we know if he’s still alive?

#prayforalpin

reeksy

Bump… or bumped off?

this is a good idea, they might not find the body for years.

I’m afraid they didn’t get out of the plane… she was back after 12 hours!

duncancallum

Think he’s dead….🤣

joshvegas
    Free Member

If its not too late the obvious last gasp iis pop the question.

ElShalimo

Either he’s in a shallow grave in a Bavarian forest or he ran away to join the Ukrainian army

alpin
    Free Member

Ha! Neither.

I totally forgot, but we had tickets to see Bill Bailey for the night before (event had been postponed from March 2020). Ended up going to the show, drinks, a meal and a well timed hangover on her part (I can’t help it if she doesn’t drink enough to build up some resistance).

Friday was spent being very lazy whilst feeling very fragile. Weather was moody AF so it felt OK to be tucked up indoors.

Went to a decent Italian place around the corner.

Fortunately (for me) she’s never been one to celebrate “days”, few that birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas….

reeksy

Legend!
    You’ve reminded me that our postponed Bill Bailey gig is at the end of October, one day under a month before my Mrs Reeksy’s birthday. I’ll take credit for that.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.