Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help ID this frame
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Seen this on eBay, doubt the seller has much of a clue of what it is as he thinks the logo is a SC. It’s had a respray, just wondered if anyone could tell what it was, I’m after a cheap carbon to build for winter and commuting.

Carbon MTB Frame Size Large https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283246065172

nairnster
    Free Member

I’D be giving it a wide berth.

Sounds like the previous seller didn’t know what it was either.  Smells of dubious origin to me.

rOcKeTdOg

27.5 x 2.3 & 29er wheels. hmmm dubious. beware a repainted frame that the owner “doesn’t know what the make is” that usually means he’s either thick or it’s nicked or he found it broken in a skip. I’d avoid however cheap it is.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Nice one, I’ll give it a swerve

parkesie
    Free Member

Have sc ever used bb30? Looks like a china special I’d not touch it with a shitty stick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thick coat of paint can hide a multitude of sins…

vincienup
    Free Member

SC have never used anything but a threaded BSA BB to the best of my knowledge.

Is it that Spesh ‘S’ on the HT that he thinks is an (old) SC logo?

Agree with the earlier comments. This is problem waiting to happen. It’s nicked or scrap.

DezB
    Free Member

He has a woman’s toes

joebristol

Could well be a disaster under the new paint job – but then again it’s only £45. I’d be tempted to watch it for a bit and see if it goes down in cost – then take a punt. It does seem cheap for carbon though….I’m looking to sell my old aluminium frame for about £50 and it’s straight headtube / 2004 model etc – if I had that carbon frame and it was legit I’d be selling it for a lot more than £45.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help ID this frame’ is closed to new replies.