Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help! I want a new bike but…
  • Kryton57

Can’t get rid of my 26er 100mm Ti HT as it’s a b’day present. I’m not getting rid of my asr5 for 3 years until the nursery fees are done and I’ve decided if i continue with events / racing and buy a racier orientated FS with different wheel size or Trail/AM replacement.

In the meantime then, I can use either for racing – the latter has race spec wheels and kit which makes them both the same weight.

But I fancy a new toy. Either a SS 29er, a racing 29er (a sale cube or ‘dale perhaps) or – and I keep looking at – a 45650b evo or commercial ht Sx for shits and giggles. Whatever it is it replaces my hack 26er SS.

I’m just interested in what others might do?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m desperate for a 29er to see how they ride and a proper audax bike for proper audaxing.

Can’t afford either, but I’ll happily live vicariously through your wish-list! 🙂

bearnecessities

Didn’t you have a similar dilemma only a few weeks ago with a BMW Filofax Edition? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Light flicky 29er SS FTW. I can recommend one, it’s a Niner.

😉

Kryton57

I did bear necessities, but the garage fixed my potentially terminal current car for £75. That was lucky they said, was it, I said….

Nines aren’t that cheap though bikebouy, tbh the RIP9 is on my list to replace the yeti in a few years. Maybe.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Swap the light bits onto the HT and make it properly race light. Or SS it.

Kryton57

Well, after yesterday’s HONC I decided I “need” a Giant anthem 29er.

The questions is now before 24/12 and sell the asr5 or in three years…

*drums fingers*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! I want a new bike but…’ is closed to new replies.