Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Help, I think my talas cartridge just exploded!
  • hugorune

I was riding along and heard a loud bang so stopped and checked the bike and my forks had lost all their air and the seal had popped out on the left leg. I pushed the seal back down and stuck some air in and they seemed to work ok but the talas adjuster is non-responsive. What happened?

2009 Fox 36 Talas R btw

LoCo
    Free Member

Seal blown in Talas cart. pressurized lower leg and blew wiper out, time for a full service.

hugorune

That’s what I thought. Is it safe to ride with no Talas or should I send them off now?

Does this happen much? Should I just get the Talis bit taken out and convert them to floats?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

send the to LoCo and get a quote for rebuild and/or float conversion.

Suppose sensible question to ask is do you use the talas function?

If so you may miss it.

LoCo
    Free Member

A seal will have gone in the Talas unit allowing the air into the lowers.
    It may probably happen again fairly soon.
    If you don’t really use the travel adjust, a Float conversion will get the fork performing a bit better due to the reduction in static friction as a result of having less seals in the spring leg.

foxman
    Free Member

other tuning companies are available

coatesy
    Free Member

But not many give free advice on here:)

khani
    Free Member

Or are cheaper…

coatesy
    Free Member

That too.

foxman
    Free Member

perhaps others are more busy and cant spend all day on here

coatesy
    Free Member

Maybe.

xiphon
    Free Member

Perhaps he sees this as an opportunity to be part of the UK bike community… i.e. his customer base.

Judging by his knowledge displayed on these here forums, I know where my Fox stuff will be going (2 shocks, 1 fork).

Free advice cost nothing, but [will] gain a customer.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

C’mon Tim, give Simon a break. It’s not easy going it alone in this industry.

LoCo
    Free Member

Missed all of this as have been having a day off, sorry do I know you ‘Foxman’ ?

coatesy
    Free Member

Hopefully just a bit of tongue in cheek humour that won’t end in a flounce:)Either way it bumps the thread.

LoCo
    Free Member

Flouncey trousers sent to the charity shop last week 😀

hugorune

Some helpful advice and some random hatstand – it’s what makes stw unique 🙂

Oh and thanks for the offer of a service but the postage from New South Wales would be evil.

LoCo
    Free Member

No problems Hugo, just make sure who ever does the service does a full service including all seals in the Talas leg, quite a few ‘full’ services seem to be just an oil and wiper seal change.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Help, I think my talas cartridge just exploded!’ is closed to new replies.