Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help! How to remove the QR axle ends on a Hope Pro3 Front Hub???
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I want to use a 9mm DT Bolt through axle on my Hope Pro 3 front wheel. I have the conversion kit etc.

How do I remove the QR axle ends?

The replacement 9mm ones look they’ll just push in and be held with an o-ring, but I can pull the current QR ones out, even using molgrips to hold onto them.

Help!!?!

Thank you.

alfabus
    Free Member

the pro2 ones just pull out; i presume it is the same for pro3.

alternative technique is to stick something long and thin through the hole on one side and poke the opposite side spacer out.

Dave

Paceman
    Free Member

If they pull out then they’re extremely tight!!

I’ll try again.

Matt24k
    Free Member

They are just held in with the O rings but can be a struggle to get out. Try wrapping the axle caps with tape and then put it in a vice and wiggle the wheel while pulling hard. Once you have one side out you can tap the other one out with a drift.

coatesy
    Free Member

Twisting them helps too.

lots_of_hope

On my Pro3s, when I changed to 15mm I think the QR end caps just unscrewed.

iwluap

recently went through this myself!

If you look through the axel with the QR skewer out you will see that the ends are hex shaped rather than rounded – slip a 5 mil allen key in each end and twist.

The diappointing thing about going to 15mm bolt-thru is that the new cups just seem to sit on the bearings. Fine if you have the wheel on, but easy to fall out when transporting with wheel off etc…

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Yep – definitely don’t pull them! They unscrew with a 5mm allen key.

Paceman
    Free Member

Brilliant! ….. Sorted.

As usual, the STW community comes to the rescue. THANK YOU.

For anyone searching this topic in future…

5mm hex key in either end of the QR axle needed for removal on a Hope Pro3 Hub. The replacement 9mm conversion axle ends just push in and are held in place with o-rings. A two minute job in the end.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Oops! My tip was for Pro 2 so I hope that others read the whole thread before wrecking their Pro 3’s.
    If you do wreck them it serves your right for believing every thing you read on the internet 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! How to remove the QR axle ends on a Hope Pro3 Front Hub???’ is closed to new replies.