Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help! Honest bike shop nr reading needed.
  • mwleeds

My friend is in desperate need of an honest bike shop near reading (he lives in Goring). I built him a Merlin ht for a bargain price. Thanks to his current local bike shop he’s now spent much more.

Can anyone recommend somewhere?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I used to work in the workshop at AW cycles. They’re an honest bunch!

cinnamon_girl

Mountain Trax in Wokingham

http://www.mountain-trax.com/

boxxer7
    Free Member

Bought my frame from AW cycles and they were very helpful, have also used them for a warranty claim too, all done mail order. Couldnt be happier.

stufield
    Free Member

+1 for AW Cycles, they were great in bike fit and shoes for my road bike.

mauja
    Free Member

The guys at pedalon are a good bunch, shop is in Tadley so probably as easy to get to from Goring as going into Reading.

mwleeds

Thanks for the recommendations I’ll pass on to my friend.

njee20
    Free Member

Pedal On, ‘Trax and AW are all spot on, you’ll not go wrong with any of them. Pedal On and Trax are worth a visit just to mooch!

rogg
    Free Member

Mountain Mania not recommended then?

ska-49
    Free Member

If he ever heads over to Newbury the guys a Banjo cycles and BikeLux are great! Strongly suggest not going to Supernova cycles. Over priced and poor service.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Mountain Mania not recommended then?

in Pangbourne? Shop has gone. AW are good, I use mountain high in wallingford.

tonyd

+1 Mountain Trax. I’ve spent hours in there talking about tyre choice, gear setup, <insert boring bike related subject here>, in the past and they love it 🙂

rogg
    Free Member

Kevster – I thought Mountain Mania had opened a store in Goring High Street, and presumed that was the local bike shop referred to in the OP.
    I’ve never used the Tring or Didcot branch, so no opinion on them either way…

madhouse

+1 for PedalOn in Tadley, top guys and on my experiences they always give good advice even if it’s “we’ve got last years one on sale if you want to save a few quid”.

mwleeds

Thanks for the additional votes. Yes I think it was Mountain Mania, the less said about them the better!

mwleeds

I should have done this before I built him the bike.

pstevensnz
    Free Member

Yep, Mountain Mania have opened a store in Goring High Street, but I’m not sure what they’re like…

I’ve used both Mountain Trax and Pedal On quite a bit and recommend them both. If its just servicing you’re after I also recommend purple bike shed in Fleet (nearish to Reading!).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help! Honest bike shop nr reading needed.’ is closed to new replies.