Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help, frame is too small!!
  • undapressure
    Free Member

Have to admit that my nice new Five is feeling a bit small, i'm 5"11 and its a 16' frame. Felt good on the demo rides but as a regular ride for trail centres etc it is a bit too small.

Looking to change to a Specialized SX trail, does anybody know what size would be better suited to me? Thinking medium judging by Spesh's website.

Anyone interested in a 16' Orange 5 with the new 2010 fox RP23, its only been ridden about 10 times

trailmonkey

If you're thinking of a Spesh, I'd get a decent length test ride as at 5' 11", I'd say that you're probably on the cusp of Spesh sizes M & L. I'm sure you won't want to make the same mistake twice.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

im about the same hight as you and i ride a 16" alpine. i only think its too small when im climbing! i have it set up pretty snug cos im a bmxr too. boy does it do the downhills well. i keep thinking maybe i should have gotton the bigger one but its only when im putting the seat post to the limit!

joe x

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i know of an sx trail frame only available

tinsy
    Free Member

I tend to ride bikes a bit bigger than I should, but in my opinion at your height your a large in Specialized bikes, and a 16" anything is def too small.

5' 8 and ride an 18" Scandal (according to the bumf I should be on a 16") and I had a Med Stumjumper FSR, I spent a bit of time fettling and had the cockpit and saddle to crank (height and for and aft) set as close to identicle for each bike as I could get (really close as it happens within a couple of mm)

I took a large Spesh Enduro to the Alps and that was fine, though def a little bit big, better in my opinion than going a bit too small.

Rob what size SX trail and what model? Wouldnt mind one of the very early white ones from about 04-05 I think if one came up at the right price.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help, frame is too small!!’ is closed to new replies.