Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HELP! Formula The One brake lever blade replacement issue
  • masterwatson2000
    Free Member

So, I have a pair of 2009 DH formula the ones and recently I had an off which snapped my lever blade in half. I’m half way through the dismantling process and I’ve got a bit stuck. I’ve got the snapped lever off the master cylinder main body and some of the bits dismantled, but I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the adjustment screw from its housing within the blade. Help please!

For reference here is the link for the exploded view of the master cylinder:
    master cylinder
    Parts numbered 8, 17, 11, and 10 remain attached to part 4.

Part 9 came free with some screwing, but the others remain. To provide some more detail, the top of the adjust screw (part 10) is an Allen head 2.5mm and the interior of part 8 is threaded.

downhilldave

Wot 😯 Iv’e had a Stella or two and still don’t understand this. The levers are awkward to remove I have tried. If you search on MTBR all shall be revealed. Thought I could explain 🙄 beer is not my friend tonight 😳 Tried,sorry

Northwind

Ah. that’s quite different to mine. Looks like part 24 holds the adjuster onto the lever, and part 8 and 10 thread together?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I had a look at mine, I think you need to grip 11 and unscrew 10 from 8.

I have Lost parts 5 and 6. The only way to get new ones seems to be buy a lever blade. Would you sell yours?

Lester
    Free Member

I think I have a spare lever somewhere and maybe the rest of the brake if you are interested, will look later anyway

Lester
    Free Member

just had a look, i have the whole lever and the handlebar mount, the thread is stripped where it joins the brake hose, im not good enough to fix it

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Lester, i have emailed you. Cheers.

Lester
    Free Member

Stu
    Messages you back[
    Lester

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Formula The One brake lever blade replacement issue’ is closed to new replies.