• This topic has 67 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Help for a STWer to recover from the floods.
  • bearnecessities

‘One of our own’ as the saying goes, has lost everything in the recent Swaledale floods.

He didn’t have contents insurance, his cats and dogs tragically died and he has a 5 year old daughter.

If you care to look through his posting history, you will see that he is a decent guy that many of us can relate to.

If you wish to donate any amount, and you are able to, please support him in getting back on his feet:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8gWU4QBwp6

If you want see the original thread, it’s here: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dales-flooding-help/

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

👍🏻

Tom-B
    Free Member

On a slightly brighter note…..I’ve just clicked on the Facebook link on the original thread (stalker, I know) and I believe that the animals have all now been found alive! Yay!

As I said on the other thread, I’m skint currently, but have all summer off, so more than happy to come up and lend a hand.

funkmasterp

That’s bloody brilliant news.

tjagain

Does he know about this yet?

Houns

I really hope the animals are alive and well

nwilko
    Free Member

Chocked up emotionally at STW response stuff like this makes this place so special. Donated some cash, ive a week off work in mid September and can gladly donate my time and labour.

Bregante

I have a couple of days leave from 12th August and might be able to squeeze in a drive up from Manchester with any donations that I can squeeze into my car if the op can give us some idea of what he needs.

nbt

I have a couple of days leave from 12th August and might be able to squeeze in a drive up from Manchester with any donations that I can squeeze into my car if the op can give us some idea of what he needs.

Mrs NBT has to okay this, but we’ve an armchair not being used at the moment….

Drac

Bregante he’s fire service is there a way you can access a vehicle to support him? Just a thought.

Bregante

Not through my lot unfortunately Drac but I might have another solution (neighbour is a manager at a national van hire place). Will speak to him if the OP can specify what he needs and when he needs it and we get demand. Happy to store stuff in my garage for a few days within reason too.

Bunnyhop

I also have a small pair of curtains in ‘new’ condition.

Drac

Ah bugger but good idea with your neighbour.

duncancallum

Russ you can pinch my van if you need too

Bregante

Cheers Dunc. Good shout that but I’ll have a chat with my mate down the street first. I’m also conscious that 12th August might be too soon for the OP to be in a position to start taking in furniture etc.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m only 30 minutes south of Manchester Bregante…..happy to help out any way possible….got an old Qashqai that we can fill with stuff if needs be.

theotherjonv

just caught up on this – have chucked a bit in but another suggestion for when you get back up and running; when one of the other STW’ers was in need they created an Amazon wish list (in that case of Christmas gifts for their kids) that STW’ers could get for them. Might help with some items that need replacing once you realise what you haven’t got.

thenorthwind

Sorry it’s not much, but I’ve just taken it over £2k. Nice one STW!

argee

Good stuff, been there as well with flooding, not a nice thing to happen and it affects the entire community, hope all goes well in the future, good to hear the pets have been found as well!

chipster

Donated.

Mark
    ChrisHeath

Nice one. Happy to help.

dickydutch

Got a bit of dust in my eye over here! Some place this hey?
    Best of luck for the coming weeks pal – it’ll be tough but you’ll come good eventually.

AlexSimon

Sounds rough – happy to help.
    There are floods here too so will be helping locally

keefmac

donated, hope it helps matey

kazafaza
    Free Member

Hey FFJA, hope you’ll be sorted soon!
    I’ll be heading up north along A66 on the 23rd in early morning hours so can drop a few things from anyone around Brum if needs be! I’ve an MPV, there’ll be two blokes with bikes but I’m sure we’ll have some free space for curtains, carpets or anything really…

nobbingsford

Over £2600 in there now! Amazing stuff and makes me feel very proud to be part of this community of genuinely good people.

@FFJA
    : Take care mate. Hope your little’un is coping with all of this ok.

IHN

I’ve chucked a bit of cash in, do we know about practical stuff yet? I’ve got some polo shirts that were destined for the charity shop (great nick, just too big for me, they’re a Large) that I’ll happily send up if we have an address. Probably a pair of jeans too.

Smudger666

done. a wish list sounds like a good next step – folk might have things but no cash to donate to help out.

all the best fellah!

acidchunks

We’ve got an ikea toybox in good condition that’s currently flat packed in the garage that could do with a good home (assuming i still know where all the bits are)

maybe some other stuff as well but i’d have to check.

in trafford but would be happy to bring to you.

FFJA
    Free Member

Hello all,
    I really don’t know what to say. The kindness of strangers is just incredible I can’t comprehend it.
    I’ve got all the stuff into a skip today so at least I feel like I’ve achieved something. I think you just have to try not to think of it as possessions. Throwing my stuff doesn’t bother me but throwing graces baby toys and things in is heartbreaking.
    Met with landlord who has given me notice for the 10th of August so next step is to find a new house, once that’s sorted I’ll have some idea what physical stuff we need.
    Thankyou to everyone from the bottom of my and Graces heart, I really don’t know what to say. I could, and have cried.

Bregante

Great to hear you’re getting things sorted!

My original offer still stands – if you have somewhere to store donated furniture etc I have three days leave from 12th and I’ll see what I can do about getting hold of a van. If that’s too soon I’m sure there will be other similar offers forthcoming on here. Have a think about what you need and don’t be afraid to ask!

acid chunks, I’m also in Trafford so that would work.

funkrodent

I’m also in Trafford (theme developing here) & whilst I don’t have a van, I do have a Ford Galaxy, which is pretty van-ish when the seats are down. Happy to ferry some stuff whenever, and as said on other thread will have a cooker and dishwasher available from 22nd of August if required

Bregante

Sounds good FR. Maybe we need to start an offers thread so FFJA can start ticking things off and then we can work out the logistics???

bearnecessities

Logistics probably aren’t the problem; there is literally an army of  Skodas and Berlingos on standby  🙂

I’m guessing that he needs some time – to settle with some accommodation and then, if he wants, he can suggest things he could do with. He’s not even replied to a PM about getting money transferred, so I suspect he’s still all over the place right now.

This one might be a slow burner.

funkrodent

No worries, that makes a lot of sense. Happy to help if/when required, keep us posted

gnusmas

Chipped in a bit. Wish I was closer to be able to help physically too. Good luck to you and to everyone doing their bit.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Donation done, it’s just about to tip over £3k – I’m sure the next person can get it there.

Hope it all turns out well in the end.

woody2000

Done 🙂

If you need toys please let me know, there’s a clear out imminent at ours and I’d be more than happy to send them your way.

Best of luck FFJA 👍

TheGhost
    Free Member

Done.

Best of luck FFJA

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Help for a STWer to recover from the floods.’ is closed to new replies.