Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Help finding the CEO of Swatch Group/Omega
  • snowslave

Getting some truly pants treatment in getting my watch fixed up. Basically I left the watch at a jewellers to get a new battery fitted, when it came back the hands spun freely. Jewellers have been complete muppets throughout and have said I biffed the watch after it was fixed and that I now need to spend £120 to get the wretched thing fixed. This has been ongoing for 3 months, service I’m getting is wretched.

I now want to invoke ninja consumer monkey moves before resorting to small claims court. How do I find contact details for the CEO of Omega Watches? I’ve sourced his name but need to find an email address.

druidh
    Free Member

Isn’t your gripe with the jeweller?

Gooner
    Free Member

google is your friend;

Official name: OMEGA Ltd
    Founded: 1848
    Address: Rue Stämpfli 96
    CH-2500 Bienne 4
    Switzerland
    Parent Company: The Swatch Group Ltd Biel
    CEO/President: Nicolas G. Hayek
    (Chairman OMEGA & Swatch)

crikey
    Free Member

E-mail him now!

He’ll be having his tea, and you’ll really upset him…

Gooner
    Free Member

i once had an issue with B&Q regarding a kitchen and I emailed (several times) each board member
    i got a full refund and £1,500 compansation

give it a go

druidh
    Free Member

Gooner – Member

i once had an issue with B&Q regarding a kitchen and I emailed (several times) each board member
    i got a full refund and £1,500 compansation

Aye. But you still had a B&Q kitchen……

Gooner
    Free Member

it was only for one of my rental properties (of course i would nt have one in myself!) and they took it back

snowslave

Yep my gripe is definitely with the shop, but therein lies part of the problem. They don’t even accept that point. They are quite frankly stoopid. It is the most infuriating customer service I’ve ever encountered.

Ta Gooner – appreciate your help, got the postal address from that site already, and there’s also a “customer service contact us” chunk on there which I’ve used. But I want to email him personally and spoil his dinner until he acts. I’m working on the basis CEO’s are appalled with this stuff but rarely get to hear about it due to armies of drones making silly decisions on their behalf. Once I’ve got his personal email address I can have some real fun….

Soup
    Free Member

Call me cynical but I very much doubt the CEO will a) Give a toss and b) Actually deal with your problem.

snowslave

You’re cynical.

IHN

Soup – I think you’re wrong.

Have you tried

ceo.name@omega.ch?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Did you have it serviced by Omega in Switzerland?

If not your complaint is with the jeweller. Have you tried trading standards?

snowslave

Ta- I gave it to a jeweller in Halifax who passed it to Omega. I realise my gripe is with the jeweller, but they are just being plain thick, so I want to go round and above them. Last course is small claims court but I’d prefer to sort beforehand if possible…

matthewjb
    Free Member

I gave it to a jeweller in Halifax who passed it to Omega

If Omega serviced it then you do have reason to complain to them. Did you get any paperwork from them which might give you a clue who to contact?

Omega UK Customer Service

Moses

And the CEO will have his email dealt with by his PA/ secretary / minion, so I don’t think he’ll lose too much sleep.

snowslave

So I just give in huh? I think not…

snowslave

matthewjb – unfortunately not. All paperwork handed in when I first took the watch back off the shop. My transaction is with the shop so irrespective of what happens after I hand it to them, my beef is with the shop, and they either chase/fix it on my behalf or I go for them. But I’m working on the principle that the watch is actually with Omega at the mo, and if I get to them they’ll hopefully fix it anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Omega 😆 its hardly worth the prices that they charge considering its part of the Swatch group 😉 😆

snowslave

Durrrrr……

sq225917
    Free Member

Most PA’s are on orders to pick out the worst customer service emails they receive so that the boss can ram them down the throats of the staff and turn them into a win for the service dept.

CEO’s love feeling like they are actually involved, trust me, he’ll reply, his brand credibility rests upon it.

geoffj

Your gripe is with the Jeweller – get trading standards involved.

scruff
    Free Member

£10 Casio from Argos, never goes wrong. Only Gayers wear expensive watches.

ajf
    Free Member

I tried 3 for a mobile phone contract but couldnt get signal at my house so wanted to cancel (as part of the 30 day clause) but customer service kept saying I wasn’t allowed to.

Emailed the CEO and had someone from the office of the ceo call me back the next day to apologise and tell me they would ensure that my cancellation all goes through.

Definatelty worth it, even if nothing happens it will make you feel better!

snowslave

Hmmm, trading standards sounds worth a pot. Scruff, is that gayers in the derogatory sense?

BlingBling
    Free Member

That’s an expensive Swatch you have :mrgreen:

Gary_M
    Free Member

Once I’ve got his personal email address I can have some real fun….

You need to get out more 😉

snowslave

Yup. For the record, I know it’s a Swatch. I also recognise that Aston Martins are Fords, Bentleys are Skodas, Ferraris are Fiats, etc etc.

And I got it staggeringly cheap too i.e. as cheap as an expensive casio – via a relative who used to sell them only he died, the inconsiderate man, but that’s ermmm, not the point is it? [snore].

I just want mi **** watch back working!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kitchens, complaints and flashy watches – the most middle class thread ever?

snowslave

Oh shut up!

john_l
    Free Member

I would also imagine that Omega have to agree to renew/extend/whatever the retailers license to represent their brand too, so will be very interested in this.

The CEO may not deal with it personally, but I bet that he’ll make sure someone does.

snowslave

Ta John – good point. The relative who sold me the watch in the first place was in the trade, and some of the snottier brands like Rolex etc are v strict – if they perceive the shop is scruffy or discounting, or in some way making the brand look shabby, they can take it seriously.

I’ve dropped an email to Omega head office marked for CEO’s attention – that won’t probably get to him, so still digging on how to nail the geezer personally.

Good advice re local trading standards office – they’ve been v helpful. Advised me to put my complaint in writing to the Jeweller’s head office, warning them I’m allowing 14 days to remedy and send this by recorded delivery. They say Small Claims won’t touch a job unless you’ve proved you’ve flagged the problem formally in this way and given them a reasonable time to respond which is fair enough. So add another 2 weeks onto the 3 months this has been running!

And I’ve sent an email transcript of the same letter to the jeweller’s head office warning of my intention to take action.

It’s good to see STW advice helping – ta & much appreciated….

delta
    Free Member

ajf – Would you happen to have the 3 CEO’s email address handy still? 😉

davidrussell
    Free Member

CEO’s have whole teams of people waiting on “high level” complaints. I emailed BT chief exec because they pi$$ed me off before I was even a customer and got a response within 45 minutes and a resolution, £125 refund and a case of wine within 5 days.

It pays to complain 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Ok, i’ve got the perfect solution;

Take a leave of absence from work, go to Swiss land, then establish yourself as a plausible ‘visiting business man’.

Flash a bit of cash around, be seen in all the night spots, then, when your character is firmly established, attempt to befriend the CEOs PA.

When you have gained her confidence, find out what his favourite TV programme is, and check when the programme is being shown.

At a crucial point in the show, knock on his door and run away.

They really hate that, them CEOs.

Then go back home, and resume your former life as if nothing has happened, and e-mail him again, suggesting that he should attend to your dodgy watch or you’ll do it again.

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you looked under the fridge?

snowslave

crikey – that’s brilliant!

finbar
    Free Member

Funnily enough i emailed Adam Crozier (CEO of Royal Fail Group) yesterday afternoon to tell him i thought he was a donkey raping s**t eater. He’s not replied yet.

snowslave

I once managed to find the head of Marketing responsible for Thunderbird toys, and asked them to settle a debate – is the thingy at the front of Thunderbird 4 a set of lights, a bulldozer blade or something else? They replied, and I circulated this to loads of people who flooded her inbox with more arguments on the debate. She had to change email address in the end…..

B-_good_effort
    Free Member

I once managed to find the head of Marketing responsible for Thunderbird toys, and asked them to settle a debate – is the thingy at the front of Thunderbird 4 a set of lights, a bulldozer blade or something else? They replied, and I circulated this to loads of people who flooded her inbox with more arguments on the debate. She had to change email address in the end…..

. . . .AVE IT !

snowslave

Hmmm, things seem to be happening – recorded letter to the jewellers triggered a phone call from them today, but they’re still saying if swatch/omega won’t budge, they’ll also stick to their guns.

Not managed to find a way of contacting the omega head honcho yet, which I think would be a useful angle. Don’t suppose anyone knows a way of getting this info?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Help finding the CEO of Swatch Group/Omega’ is closed to new replies.