Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help: drum bearing removal – Hotpoint Washer Dryer WD64 (Aquarius)
  • gusamc
    Free Member

Hi,

after some advice. I’ve changed the bearing on a old 9901 washer dryer – which involved taking off the back of the drum, lots of hammering, new bearing, drum seal – all ok. However having taken back off gf’s machine WD64 Aquaries 1200 spin washer dryer – it appears that the drum is plastic and I **suspect** that the spider/drum is inside that. Do I have to take the front off the machine to get at the drum/spider -if so how. Presumably I will need a new drum seal to rebuild (or can old be refitted with vaseline etc ….)

? Any links to technical/exploded diagram type docs.

Mnay thanks

bigyinn
    Free Member

Usually you need to strip th eouter drum from the inner drum. I usually disconnect everything inside the machine, remove the concrete weights and take the whole drum assembly out of the machine.
    The outer drum usually comes apart fairly easily and should leave you with the inner drum. Its quite an involved job, so dont expect to be quick or easy!

benjag
    Free Member

and always fit a new outer tub real as you will be really pissed if it leaks after the 4-5 hrs it took to do the job!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

All I can do is wish you good luck as when I tried this, complete with Haynes manual no less, I completely failed and had to buy a new washing machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help: drum bearing removal – Hotpoint Washer Dryer WD64 (Aquarius)’ is closed to new replies.