Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • HELP! *disc brakes are shite content*
  • sq225917
    Free Member

I’m with Jerry, i get 1000’s of miles out of mine, i run Avid sintered in Juicys, and i love nothing more than a soaking wet ride right across the peak district. I live in sheffield for chrissakes how can i not be getting that good grit dust.

if you don’t bed them in, they don’t last. period.

bomberman
    Free Member

OH MY GOD 🙄

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Where as I get maybe 2 or 3 Peaks rides to a set of sintered Juicy pads in the winter, bedded in or not.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And between sq225917 and JonEdwards lies the conundrum. Same brakes, same conditions, both swear they have bedded them in, 100 fold difference in wear rates.

*scratches head*

Are you sure you are getting them bedded in properly Jon? Really really hot by braking hard a significant number of times? You need to get the pad to several hundred degrees C.

Dibbs
    Free Member

TJ is happy with his beliefs so I’ll leave him to it.
    In my experience riding conditions and make of pad play a much bigger part in pad life than any bedding-in mumbo jumbo (bedding in car pads is a completely different kettle of fish, the temperatures and pressures are in a different league). I’m getting very good results at the moment with M975 XTR’s and Hope sawtooth floating rotors, I’m not sure if its the pad material (Shimano claim 50% longer lasting) of the larger holes in the Hope discs clearing the grit away from the braking surface faster.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No need to be so patronising Dibbs. I follow the evidence and the advice from the manufacturers. but I’m sure you know better.

For what it is worth the temps are very similar as are the pressures.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘HELP! *disc brakes are shite content*’ is closed to new replies.