Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help dial my ride ….
  • sani2c
    Free Member

Built up a Pyga 110 frame using spare parts, few eBay forays and raids on classified. Basically I need to spend more time riding it and footling, but Input on a few things appreciated. Riding Wilts downs so very much at cross country side of things.

1. Saddle: there is a reason it was sat in the tool box! Fizik Gobi – after an hour I’m unhappy. Any thoughts on something comfy – Ergon? Fabric?
    2. Handle bars and stem. Got 50 mm stem and 800 mm bars (too much time reading STW forum and browsing classified) – getting numb hands and trails not twisty. Worth going to 70 mm and 750 and could I whack on my favorite Cane Creek bar ends? Or is that too old school.
    3. Wheels are Mavic Cross rides with Highrollers on front and ardent on back. Clearly the heavy wheels the reason they don’t seem to go round faster… However, thoughts on a wheel upgrade and Tyre choice…

Thoughts appreciated…clearly the isolation taking its toll.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Any thoughts on something comfy – Ergon? Fabric?

Always amazes me when people are asking about saddles…

They are so individual that asking is damn-right pointless…

Only reminds me my sorry and very short affair with Oh-so-Goooood Brooks and Magic Spesh saddles.

Suffered a lot after less than an hour, gave it to friend of mine. He can happily ride hours and hours on both…

Cheers!
    I.

sani2c
    Free Member

Agreed in saddle front – all totally subjective. And everything on inter webs says their saddle is opposite to a blade …

nedrapier

Always amazes me when people are asking about saddles…

They are so individual that asking is damn-right pointless…

I’ve always thought the world could do with a “saddle map”. Get an AI bot to trawl through all the forums for saddle threads, and create something like the music map that shows you if you like x, you’re likely to like a, b and c, and if you hate y, you’re likely to get on better with d, e or f.

jd13m
    Free Member

if you like x, you’re likely to like a

so tory voters will only ride traditional brooks sort of thing ? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help dial my ride ….’ is closed to new replies.