Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help; Browser does not support Map Box GL
  • longdog
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just went to strava route planner to plot a veloviewer tile grabbing extravaganza and it can’t show the map!

I just get the message: http://www.strava.com says Browser does not support Map Box GL

I’m in Chrome, its, up to date and hardware acceleration is enabled. I’ve toggled it off and on, F5’d, and restarted the PC.

Any ideas? I don’t want to try another browser as all my stuff in in Chrome along with my other add ons linked to strava.

Ta

scotroutes

Is this with all maps or just the VeloViewer map selected?

zilog6128

if you don’t see a spinning cube here https://get.webgl.org then no, your browser doesn’t support it & it’s not just Strava pissing you about! I would definitely at least try it in another browser as that will tell you whether it’s a Chrome problem or something with your PC setup.

works on Chrome 103.0.5060.134 Mac (not actually even the latest!) for me 🤷‍♂️
    what version are you actually running? What PC are you using? Does it actually have a graphics card capable of hardware acceleration?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    longdog
    Free Member

Not working any of the strava maps. It’s not even showing the VV option.

I can see my previous routes when I open them ok, but if I try to edit them I get the same message

Chrome version 104.0.5112.81

longdog
    Free Member

Just a HP Pavilion PC integrated graphics I assume. Acceleration was already toggled on. My googling suggested it needed to be on.

zilog6128

Just a HP Pavilion PC integrated graphics I assume. Acceleration was already toggled on.

Acceleration turned on, in Chrome? It needs to be turned on in the PC settings also (assuming the GPU is actually capable of it). Is it a laptop? Maybe it’s deactivated for somewhere for battery saving reasons?

longdog
    Free Member

webgl.org says:

Hmm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for your video card.

Desktop PC, chrome say acceleration on. Can’t find that in PC settings

longdog
    Free Member

This from Graphic Feature Status:

WebGL: Hardware accelerated but at reduced performance
    WebGL2: Unavailable
    WebGPU: Hardware accelerated but at reduced performance

I’ve tried enabling various things under Flags

zilog6128

that’s obviously the culprit, not really up on Windows though so can’t help with a solution!

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers for trying Zilog, it’s working on microsoft edge, so I’ll have to use that, I just don’t like it LOL!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.