Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Help bring my audio equipment to the 21st century
  • twonks

Another option, possibly for others that have/need a new av amp is to use a half decent one for audio as well as movies and play into it using Airplay.

Most should have Airplay and I’m sat listening to ours right now and it sound pretty damn good.

Maybe not as clean ultimately as the pi upstairs but using the mconnect app on this phone, I’m playing music from the server to the amp. Amp is a Marantz SR6011 so not that new but sounds good.

Bit like old school, sat in the dark with amp in pure direct so no lights on, just listening to music.

Reminds me of 25 years ago sat in my bedroom, annoying parents with delicate TDL floorstanders. Lol.

CountZero

<pedant mode> Linn Condeck Sondek </pedant mode>

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think that was a pun CZ. In which case it should really have been Kondek 😉

catfood
    Free Member

As others have said just get an Airport Express or a similar cheap wifi device and stream Spotify etc through your current amp and see if you enjoy the streaming experience and take things from there, they all do free trials so just play about.

I use Apple Music for streaming and testing out new music, I like the way it suggests stuff I wouldn’t otherwise be aware of, lately I have been buying CDs again, mostly driven by new stuff I’ve been listening to over the last while, Musicmagpie sell used CDs that typically cost around two or three quid each.

Qobuz has also just dropped in price to £12.50 a month, to my ears it sounded exactly the same a CDs, although the interface wasn’t as good as Apple or Spotify and didn’t suggest new music nearly as well.

slowoldman

I think that was a pun CZ. In which case it should really have been Kondek

Indeed, and strange that someone using that pun should admit to still using one.

CountZero

I think that was a pun CZ. In which case it should really have been Kondek

Hmmmmmm. Perhaps not the best one I’ve ever come across…

nosedive
    Free Member

What about the new Audiolab play amp and Cd transport. I havent heard it yet but its all options covered for you, plays your discs and streams everything

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Help bring my audio equipment to the 21st century’ is closed to new replies.