Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help / Advice on gym bike workouts, rehab after surgery
  • loughor
    Free Member

Had collar bone surgery nearly two weeks ago, beginning again on a gym bike. Any tips, advice or programme suggestions to make it less dull appreciated.
    (Iron Maiden playlist already sorted) !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did sufferfest via trainer road on the 3 occasions I broke my hand. Used towels to give me some cushioning when I didn’t want to sit up right. How hard you go will depend on the position you can sustain I guess.

loughor
    Free Member

Thnx Mike that looks tough !

globalti
    Free Member

I’m just going through this; had the collar bone plated 9 weeks ago today and although the bone itself is beginning to feel quite good (after 3 months of non-union the surgeon was worried about “waking up” the healing process) there is still soft tissue discomfort at the AC and sternum ends and I have a frozen shoulder, which the same surgeon says he will fix with a small cuff operation.

I did 30 minutes on the turbo yesterday using Zwift to try to make it more interesting. I’m quite impressed with Zwift because it motivates you better than just staring at a blank wall. I got a smart trainer for £300 “ex demo” from my LBS and rigged it up with an unwanted laptop and a TV screen, which works seamlessly.

Are you doing strengthening exercises on the arm? My physio gave me a yellow latex band, which I’m finding very good attached to a door handle.

loughor
    Free Member

Very similar situation globalti ! Staples will be removed Wednesday and new X-ray at hospital on Friday. I’m guessing Physio after that depending on prognosis. Same as you, feels good but mightily stiff.
    I’ve no room for home trainer, so using the static, just find it dull and looking to make it interesting and worthwhile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help / Advice on gym bike workouts, rehab after surgery’ is closed to new replies.