Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Helmets with mesh front vents
  • matt_outandabout

Looking for medium/large (56-61cm) helmet for a road / gravel rider.

He would like a peak and must have mesh in front vents.

I’d like to spend less than £60.

I’m struggling to find anything in stock that meets criteria…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HEOOENDLED/on-one-enduro-led-mtb-helmet

Marketed as Enduro but I wear mine for road/gravel/xc.

montgomery
    Free Member

Met Crossover (if you can find one).

matt_outandabout

I’ve also worked out all Uvex have mesh.

cashback

We were talking about this the other day, I am sure that all helmets used to market themselves with having mesh, but no one seems to have it anymore. And yes I had just got a bee in my helmet.

MoreCashThanDash

It will be a must have on my next MTB helmet, so following with interest. I think Kali helmets used to have mesh, but probably not in budget

nuke

I use to buy Giro Rift helmets…cheap, visor and had mesh inserts in front vents on all the ones i had. Still running one now but it looks like they stopped doing them. Wonder if they did a similar replacement?

Funnily enough i have the onone helmet linked above… Its cheap but it feels cheap too and looks big even on my big bonce

bowglie

I’m pretty sure Catlike Leaf helmets have mesh and a (removable) peak. I use one for road/gravel, but am on hols at mo and don’t have that helmet with me, so can’t be 100% on mesh vents.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Catlike Leaf helmets have mesh and a (removable) peak. I use one for road/gravel, but am on hols at mo and don’t have that helmet with me, so can’t be 100% on mesh vents.

They do, just checked mine. Getting hold of one could be tricky though!

sandboy

Spiuk helmets used to come with an insect mesh. My current lid is a Uvex which also has mesh front. Anaphylactic reaction to wasp/bee stings really limits helmet choice.

nuke

I’m pretty sure Catlike Leaf helmets have mesh

They do… forgot that and thats my main helmet 🤦

molgrips
    Free Member

My Catlike one has mesh.

zippykona

After having a buzzy thing in my helmet I bought one of these. Soaks up the sweat a treat too. Never had a drop in my eye since buying it.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-summer-skull-cap?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360744951&kpid=5360744951&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mckv|sZLDzOcor_dm|mcrid|295297463276|mkw||mmt||mrd|5360744951uk|mslid||&mkwid=sZLDzOcor_dm&pcrid=295297463276&prd=5360744951uk&pgrid=60973418042&ptaid=pla-522349323563&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpP6anPSh6wIVBLTtCh28uQcpEAQYASABEgJRPPD_BwE

cyclingdiogenes
    Free Member

Uvex! I’ve had MET and Giro helmets in the past but Uvex seems to be the comfiest. Also their customer service is top notch. I lost a visor screw so contacted their customer service in Germany. 2 days later I had it delivered along with new set of pads completely free of charge.

molgrips
    Free Member

Actually both my Catlike have it – one is a Leaf and one is an enduro MTB type thing, so I’m guessing it’s a design feature across the board.

paule
    Free Member

My Seven IDP helmet has mesh across the front vents. Might be a bit low at the back for drop bar use though

tuboflard

I’ve recently got a Mavic XA Pro helmet off sportpursuit which I use for gravel riding. Picked it up for £60 and very happy with it. Oh and yes it has mesh at the front.

matt_outandabout

Mavic

We’re replacing a Mavic that’s not been durable. The adjustment mechanism had failed twice, once was warrantied.

Seven IDP

Mine is Ok, but they all seem generic ‘standard moulds’ like the OnOne helmets.

I think we’re back to Uvex, I’ve had great helmets from them before.

mogrim

Decathlon do one with a mesh, not sure it’s got a peak though (although on a road bike I’d personally not want one).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/xc-mtb-helmet-neon-yellow-id_8546748.html

tuboflard

We’re replacing a Mavic that’s not been durable. The adjustment mechanism had failed twice, once was warrantied.

Something to look forward too as not had it long… 😕

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Helmets with mesh front vents’ is closed to new replies.