Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Helmets for sweaty headed baldies
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Now then I am sure that there are plenty of us on this here site that are baldie headed but as well as being follicly challenged I sweat from my swede like some sort of circus freak. The hair I do have is shaved very short but I tend to end up with sore patches from my lighter Giro helmet and just cannot stand my Giro Xen in hot weather as the sweat even overwhelms my Halo band.
    I cannot get on with the shape of Met or Bell and find Giro shape most comfortable of those three brands but aint tried out any of the less common ones ie Kask/lazer etc etc.
    I would like good soft cushioning where the pads contact the head and good airflow, so anyone with similar needs tell me helmet you have found to be great for us baldies?

Dickyboy

i look like a plonker but wear a buff to soak up the sweat

Suggsey
    Free Member

Tried the buff (and have full halo which wicks better than a buff) but find that its still way too hot) Been looking at wicking mesh type ‘hats’ that go under helmets.

vondally
    Free Member

under giro pneumo helmet

buff

or

nike baskbetball skull cap very 50 cent/gangster rappper or dapper

helmets

winter.spring/autumn

Urge enduromatic with gangaster pad no additional headwear

rider
    zindane zindan sweaty bald bloke 😀

singlespeedstu

Giro Feature here.
    Only trouble I have is my head stubble tends to rip the pads to bits in very short time.

wolfy35
    Free Member

Find a helmet that you like & is comfortable to wear then get yourself on ebay and pick up a couple of Zandana’s. They are essentially a pre shaped bandana and all you do is plonk them on & tie at the back no fuss or messing about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Helmets for sweaty headed baldies’ is closed to new replies.