Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Helmets for babies
  • benp1

Third child is now coming up to about the point to get on a child seat on the bike. She’s 10 and a bit months old but can hold her head up

The older two are a bit older and much closer in age so they never got on the bike when they were this young, I had a double trailer. They got on the bike from about 2.5

I have (4!) child seat options but would like to get her on a newly acquired weeride to start with. The others are either for a Brompton or place her behind me, I’d like her in front from the start.

Anyways, what helmet did you use for your kids when they were young? I didn’t use one for my two when they were young as they were in the trailer – didn’t go on the road, only the local traffic free cycle paths, planning to do the same now would prefer to have a helmet on her

Tried a ‘kids’ helmet on her but seems massive, can’t obviously see many baby helmets around! I think the one I have is 48-54cm (small)

feed

I used a tiny Disney themed one that I got in smyths toy store. It was very smal but even so I had to put a hat on my daughter’s head under it to stop it flopping around until about age 2.

timmys

I think these were the smallest I found (44-48cm);

EDIT; OK the forum does weird thing to amazon links now. Search for “Weeride Babies Bike Helmet-Black, 44 cm/Small”

benp1

Thanks. Was hoping for cheaper than £27 if possible, seeing as it won’t be used much or for long (I know cheap head cheap helmet etc etc)

There’s one on halfords for a tenner plus postage, might work OK. Would rather go instore but they’re all closed…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Helmets for babies’ is closed to new replies.