Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Helmets
  • Merak

Ive just discovered a big crack on one of the spars of my helmet, Bell Sweep XC. 🙁 Probs should have replaced it long ago, anyway.

Im not mad keen on spending big bucks on a lid to be honest, £75 max.

Whats hot, and whats not?

Ta.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Lazer O2 is my fave. I think Kask and Limar come highly rated aswell.

I love my xar despite the dent…but it’s so comfy just like the giro aeon road lid I’ve also got…..great lids,cheap heads aren’t available

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    suffolk
    Free Member

Uvex xp100 or xp cc as it is now. Best retention system IMO, lightweight, made in Germany.

Yours for £50-60 and you won’t be disappointed. Amazed they are not more popular!

argoose
    Free Member

Best of going to LBS and trying a few on.
    All depends on head shape. Peope rave over giro hex, I find after an hour they hurt, but I can wear a met allday.

Northwind

CRC have Fox Strikers on sale just now… Absolutely ace, those. Not the biggest rear coverage though, not quite as good as a Flux or Enduromatic from that point of view. But light, well vented, durable, comfortable…

neninja
    Free Member

I tried on a Giro Feature today and found it the most comfortable helmet I’ve tried. Also tried a Fox Striker at the same time and it just wasn’t as comfortable.

Goes to show you need to find the helmet that suits your head. I fancy trying a Kali Chakra Plus too if only there was a local dealer with them.

Merak

Appreciate the feedback. Keep em coming, ta.

dantsw13

I went to the urge enduro matic for the extra protection. Very comfy too, and I’m a known sweaty git!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ve always been a pisspot fan.

TSG Superlight for normal stuff and POC Receptor+ for crazy stuff.

Merak

Not a fan of the enclosed types, but happy to consider all-comers.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Road or mountain biking? Fox Flux for MTB and Cratoni C Bolt for road. You get a bunch of pads with the Cratonis as well (meshed, extra padding and a normal set). They also do a “replacement for 50% of cost” thing.

vorlich
    Free Member

Have you actually used that voucher code I sent you?

Merak

Specifically MTB’ing, the lid’s for.

woodsie
    Free Member

check out kali helmets….. really opened my eyes brill fit system 😀
    also some are on sale at the mo…… £65 down to £47 😛

Merak

@ Vorlich. Hoping to use it for a new lid, a belated but sincere thanks. It was remiss of me not say reply to you. Genuinely went out of my head.

footflaps

You need to try them on as all the manufacturers use different head dimensions, I only seem to fit Met and Giro.

Merak

Yeah, try before you buy, noted. Looking for recommendations as Ive used Bell’s for the last few years, just fancied a change.

proberts
    Free Member

Yep Northwind, I’ve just snapped up a £60 striker from CRC, chuffed with it!!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cratoni-Helmet-For-Cycling-C-Maniac-Mode-Silver-Blue-Matt-S-M-54-58cm-RRP-49-GBP-/180989537416?pt=UK_Cycling_Clothing&hash=item2a23d12c88

I’d consider this, serious bargain, I might get one but don’t need one. Might get one anyway.

*runs off to hide*

qu1nt
    Free Member

Kask K50 is a nice secure fitting lid that I’d happily recommend

neninja
    Free Member

That Cratoni helmet looks like it could sucker you in to a false sense of security. If you want Downhill protection wear a proper full face.

That chin bar looks too weakly attached like it would break away and either impale the side of your head or the chin bar would knock your teeth out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go try some on!

Scapegoat

I’ve just changed to a Fox Flux from a Bell. The retention system on the |Fox is just awesome, makes the Bell feel insecure. Better coverage with the Fox.

vorlich
    Free Member

Well alright then, glad it’s being used.

BearBack
    Free Member

http://www.madison.co.uk/bell/

55 quid gets you a crash replacement Sweep.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Helmets’ is closed to new replies.