Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmets.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

So just to outline here – these are makeshift helmets made by the Egyptians whilst scrapping in their current predicament.

If you think that £150 for a flimsy bit of polystyrene is a bit expensive and possibly a source of rotational neck injuries, there are alternatives.

I shall guide you through these pieces of registered non standard army kit:

Your classic 1979 ‘Tribottle rag’ helmet – a must in any type of combat

A late 80’s ‘boxhat’. The bloke next to him doesn’t appear too sure of its effectiveness

A renaissance period piece of brickwear teamed with a black and cream scarf. Textbook

Im not sure that tuna sarnie he is about to lob is gonna cause too much destruction.
    Old skool 80’s broken bin helmet.
    I personally love the fact he needs to lift it up to see –
    does he spend the rest of the time walking in to things??

Textbook saucepaning with lifejacket combo. He does not take, any chances!!

I literally have no idea what this is.

And the winner by 100 miles.
    This bloke is going to war with 2 baguettes strapped to his ears and a ham salad roll
    sellotaped to his forehead. I’d def wanna be behind him if someone lobs a load of bricks at me.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The sad thing is though that its not funny

BFITH
    Free Member

On the contrary I’m sniggering uncontrolably….not at their predicament, just their choice of protective head gear………

molgrips
    Free Member

does he spend the rest of the time walking in to things?

How d’you think it got that crack? I suppose the manufacturer doesn’t have a good crash replacement policy on buckets.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong at one level it is very funny, but at another it is deaply sandening that people had to do what they did and things were that bad that people were prepared to strap baguettes to their heads as protection!

molgrips
    Free Member

Thing is, it mostly ended well (at least, that first bit did) so I suppose we can laugh back at it a bit. I suspect most Egyptians are tbh.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I stopped wearing a helmet years ago.

Baguettes make great head protection, especially if you have let them go a bit stale. About 2-3 days old is best.

I crashed headfirst into a tree just last week and made a delicious sandwich out of a pheasant and wild garlic.

McHamish
    Free Member

The baguette hat guy reminds me of Elvis.

That guy needs to be on the international seminar circuit…someone with the thought processes correctly wired to come up with a bread hat would certainly have some interesting ideas about solving the worlds problems.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think the baguette is a brilliant idea as you’ve also got a handy source of sustenance as well as head protection. Combine it with the water bottles and camelback are going to start feeling nervous 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Helmets without TJ?

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong at one level it is very funny, but at another it is deaply sandening

Jeez, I laughed without feeling any sense of shame at all! 🙄

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Helmets without TJ?

<….wipes away a tear…> 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmets.’ is closed to new replies.