Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Helmet torch like a Joystick but cheaper?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Mainly for winter road rides…
    Im after a helmet mounted torch light thats not a real cheapy zoomable cree torch. That preferably fits in the jostick helmet mount.

Moon on stick might work…

trail_rat
    Free Member

older used joystick

onehundredthidiot

I had a fenix which I just zip tied to a vent in my lid was great.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

deal extreme do one. Ultrafire (something) I think it’s called. I had one for a while. Just about bright enough for a helmet light.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

this one I think

http://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-v6-t60-xm-lt6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-18650-100173#.Vena5SgVhBc

it’s not far off a joystick to be fair. I have a few exposures now but mainly because they are easier to recharge/live with.

timwillows
    Free Member

old model joystick in a sale?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Gemini xera flashlight fits the mount. Good little light and batteries are easy to change out on the trail.

Northwind

If not a cheapy torch, a slightly more expensive one? Joystick mount is fantastic, my £5 torch fits nicely in one and apart from a little extra weight it’s better than any joystick I’ve used or seen.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ive got some good quality 18652 batteries.. Its just the cheap torches ive bought tend to fail on the switches and have questionable waterproofness…

What torch please NW?

larrydavid
    Free Member

There were lezyne power drives on ebay for 30quid last week, 600 lumens. I bought one to compliment a more powerful light – very good

paulmgreen
    Free Member

I have a Lezyne. Would definitely recommend

allfankledup

Exposure joystick from Rutland cycling?

Been using mine for the evening club rides on road for the last few weeks, I think I need a rear light to blind people, seems to be the norm

Northwind

cloudnine – Member

What torch please NW?

Just a generic XML single 18650 number, might be this one:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-2200Lm-Cree-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-18650-Torch-UK-Stock-T418-/161727772034?hash=item25a7b9f582

I had to retighten the switch at one point but it’s been fine otherwise, for a couple of years now

dienamic

What’s the internal diameter of the joystick mount?

johnnystorm

Lezyne do a USB rechargeable one with built in rear light. The helmet mount is as good as the exposure one. Macro duo?

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 for Lezyne
    Got mine free with an mbuk sub last year and it’s been excellent
    Bit fatter than my joystick though so I bought a separate mount (only £3.99)

jsync

Leyzene are on sports pursuit at the moment.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Helmet torch like a Joystick but cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.